What's new

Meeting Cromwell

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
I read this morning that Boris is meeting ministers about covid

what happened to the cobra meetings is every meeting a crisis now

this comes after lots of pressure over increased infection

hospitals are 90 percent full I read that a 5th of hospitals have more covid patients than at the peak of the first wave.

over in the USA however, the situation is pretty dire with California in a really bad way

so what will Boris do he’s running out of time do you think he will lock down next week

the only other statesmen to ban Christmas was Oliver Cromwell

Last edited:
I read this morning that Boris is meeting ministers about covid

what happened to the cobra meetings is every meeting a crises now

this comes after lots of pressure over increased infection

hospitals are 90 percent full I read that a 5th of hospitals have more covid patients than at the peak of the first wave.

over in the USA however the situation is pretty dire with California in a real bad way

so what will Boris do he’s running out of time do you think he will lock down next week

the only other statesmen to ban Christmas was Oliver Cromwell it did not end really well for him as he had is head lobed off on Tower Hill
*Cromwell died an old man of natural causes, and was succeeded by his son Richard, who was disparagingly referred to as "Queen Dick". So rubbish was he, everyone decided it would be better all round to get a king back on the throne.
He did ban Christmas though, and mince pies - which led to the "Pudding Riots"
good times.

*Cromwell died an old man of natural causes, and was succeeded by his son Richard, who was disparagingly referred to as "Queen Dick". So rubbish was he, everyone decided it would be better all round to get a king back on the throne.
He did ban Christmas though, and mince pies - which led to the "Pudding Riots"
good times.

yep it was Thomas who was executed wrong Cromwell I need to brush up on my history :2thumbsup:

Quick question if you'll allow?
Irrespective of your political leanings, what exactly would You all do if you were the Prime Minister now?

Just a bit of fun (remember fun?) :2thumbsup:

yep it was Thomas who was executed wrong Cromwell I need to brush up on my history :2thumbsup:
Dastardly Cromwells ruining everything again :18:

On your wider point though I think basically everyone has made their mind up what they are going to do, and nothing Boris says will make any difference now unless he sends out the covid police.

Irrespective of your political leanings, what exactly would You all do if you were the Prime Minister now?

If i were him? Shag his missus and have another kid.....it's 'bout the only thing Boris is ever good at! :rolleyes:

Realise the economy can be rebuilt but dead people can't so I'd protect the living and let the economy fair for itself and cancel Christmas.
He seems to be doing things the other way round.

move to a small island with some sheep,

sheep are lovely

pretty thick when scared they try and hide under each other and BAAAA a lot

hmmm sheep, island, baaa....... sounds a bit familiar......

1. At the outset I’d have invested in an infrastructure whereby lessons could be delivered online to bubbles of kids - enabling continuity of learning and providing a balance between the need for protection and the need for adults to work

2. I’d have sacked any minister from breaking protocol, publicly criticised them, and withdrawn the whip

3. Rather than handing out millions to my mates’ mates, I’d have adopted a working contact trace system and ensured we had PPE in situ. I’d also have made sure testing was a centralised operation

4. I’d have accepted that the hospitality and entertainment sector was operating far more efficiently than the zero control retail sector and allowed it to continue operating

5. Vape shops would have been classified as essential shops

6. I’d be operating to a planned system which consulted with the sectors affected proactively and ensured time for planning and implementation - giving schools 40 minutes at the end of term to arrange for testing next term is abysmal

People saying “oh it’s a difficult situation and nobody could do better in the circumstances” is abject nonsense. The ineptitude running through this government is a historical low point in living memory - ministers were picked for their ineptitude to be compliant with Brexit and we have paid the price.

This is all hindsight. What would I do now if I were Johnson? Resign.

1. At the outset I’d have invested in an infrastructure whereby lessons could be delivered online to bubbles of kids - enabling continuity of learning and providing a balance between the need for protection and the need for adults to work

2. I’d have sacked any minister from breaking protocol, publicly criticised them, and withdrawn the whip

3. Rather than handing out millions to my mates’ mates, I’d have adopted a working contact trace system and ensured we had PPE in situ. I’d also have made sure testing was a centralised operation

4. I’d have accepted that the hospitality and entertainment sector was operating far more efficiently than the zero control retail sector and allowed it to continue operating

5. Vape shops would have been classified as essential shops

6. I’d be operating to a planned system which consulted with the sectors affected proactively and ensured time for planning and implementation - giving schools 40 minutes at the end of term to arrange for testing next term is abysmal

People saying “oh it’s a difficult situation and nobody could do better in the circumstances” is abject nonsense. The ineptitude running through this government is a historical low point in living memory - ministers were picked for their ineptitude to be compliant with Brexit and we have paid the price.

This is all hindsight. What would I do now if I were Johnson? Resign.

I agree with all points.

and the sheep ?

Back
Top Bottom