What's new

Melbourne victoria uk strain outbreak

Jd_

Achiever
Victoria opened up for the australian open and immediately a covid outbreak ocurred.

Everyone has been being screened heavily coming in and out of victoria who had eradicated it thanks to the 111 day hard lockdown.

If i find a link i will post it, they r back in hard lockdown tonight at 9:30 for at least a week to try to contain the outbreak, n because they wernt wearing masks or taking precautions since it had been eradicated, the uk variant is spreading faster than they can trace it.

Last edited:
Bad news, but I suppose that it was inevitable.

Australia, and New Zealand were being all smug about how they had virtually eradicated the virus last year, and that if the world had used their example we would all be safe.

How wrong could they be, they only started vaccinating people a few days ago for fucks sake !
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ed-know-Australias-Covid-19-vaccine-plan.html
So hardly anyone vaccinated, but they decide to let one of the largest tennis competitions in the world go ahead, with competitors flying in from all over the world, mixing with hundreds of staff, who then mix with thousands of tennis fans....................

Maybe they should follow our lead on vaccination, and lockdown easing.

I can imagine their are a lot of non-tennis fans who r going to be pissed about having to spend australia day in lockdown

Its just been on the news here, they think it might be from a breach in the containment of one of the quarantine hotels.

If it started in a quarantine hotel, then no doubt it was from one of the tennis player, trainers, etc.

As I said earlier, given the fact that Australia has vaccinated next to no fucker it was a hair brained scheme to start with.

Back
Top Bottom