What's new

mini detonator - a build guide, or, how to safely super sub ohm your dick off

gords1001

Achiever
mini detonator - a build guide

Given that this will require further updating once I've got some links from stealthvape, I'll link to the original thread for now, then i need only copy the completed thread.

You can contact me here, on twitter or Facebook with any questions, though it really is a simple and cheap build.

In testing today i was seeing 3.7v at the posts at .1ohm. I assure you, no 18650/26650 mod will come close to delivering that voltage at that resistance.

Thanks Graham, there are bound to be budding builders will find this information valuable. I'm still running 90 watts at 8.4V as these lipo cells are dirt cheap compared to the nano range.

I've been busy building a "woodworking workshop" and just discovered the nicd pack on my jigsaw is kerry packered from lack of use in 8-10 years so ordered replacement nicds from Hong Kong but have been eyeing up my lipo cells as a temp source (18 volts on old jigsaw pack, so unsure if I should go lipo just under or just over this. I'll still be recharging the lipo packs on the balance charger though as I certainly don't wish to overcharge the lipos trying them on the saws charger )
As you're a lipo guru, any suggestions? :D

Cheers for this Gords, it's exactly the kind of info I've been looking for. Scavenged the interwebs for anything to do with Lipo builds, but seems that info is pretty scarce.

I've got a bunch of stuff in my basket for building a dual 18650 box, but I've been swaying towards Lipo as the packs are just much more capable. Been shopping around for suitable small packs, but the whole scene is new to me and I got quite confused with the configuration of cells etc in the packs. Coupled with having to buy a new charger, and it's on hold for the time being.

I'll get there eventually, and your info will come in very handy. One thing though, is there any scope for fitting voltmeters and whatnot? I've sorted out a wiring diagram for using the 18650s, but that might be kinda redundant running Lipo?

Chegs I'll facebook you

With regards volt meters, yes its easy enough. Just live negative and sense wire to 510 positive. I would add a switch to energise the volt meter. You could also use a lipo alarm but at .04ohm, the mosfet cuts out when the pack rests at 3.2v which is perfect. At .1ohm, I'm only dropping to 3.8v after a days work.....

Back
Top Bottom