What's new

Mixed my first batch!

After all the assistance offered ive cooked up my first batch of 20mls at 3mg nic 70/30 ratio.

swapped the Catalan cream for Flavorah cream at 1%

already itching to try it!!!!!!
Nice, 3 of my favourite flavours there ! - from dusty memory of those ingredients it'll be a fortnight or three before it's at it's best - welcome to mixology - myself I'm back into it very recently after a couple of years off, maybe I'll make a little batch of that myself :)

I find the only way to survive the agonising wait before it's worth trying is to make another mix.,.. and another... :)

Errrr... No. Only reduced the amount of strawberry after reading the comments.

What was i meant to do
The way to profound mixing anguish and despair is to make adjustments to a recipe on the fly, find after a couple of week's steep that you've come up with a gem of a juice then try to remember what exactly you changed... so the suggestion is to make a copy/clone recipe with your exact changes (and then adjust it to record any fluffs you made in the actual mixing process eg overdo one flavour or get the base proportions a bit out etc. - then label the result well; so you know exactly which variant this or that bottle is.

Well... if you want to get really obsessive about it, anyway !! :)

You think that's bad.. I just realised the unicorn milk was meant to be 80/20 and I mixed 70/30.

Oh well got a fortnight to ponder my misfortune before I can try them lol.
Might even be nicer ! - the PG tends to be the flavour carrier of the two base liquids as I understand it, and a slightly runnier mix might work better with the device & wick material and how it's wicked etc. - no harm at all in tweaking to your heart's content :)

Errrr... No. Only reduced the amount of strawberry after reading the comments.

What was i meant to do
Create a login/user-id. Set your preferences like I mentioned above. Find a recipe you want to mix. Over to the right there's a wrench by the recipe name. Click wrench, choose adapt. Apart from the flavor names, the recipe will now be in your area with the preferences you set.

Create a login/user-id. Set your preferences like I mentioned above. Find a recipe you want to mix. Over to the right there's a wrench by the recipe name. Click wrench, choose adapt. Apart from the flavor names, the recipe will now be in your area with the preferences you set.
Thanks for that. To be honest I'm not looking for super complex recipes, just coffee creams and tobacco ones.

How easy is it to create a recipe from scratch, is it a case of looking through some and trying to get an idea on the amounts of flavour. Not even sure of how much flavour totals should be.

Certainly deep stuff with weeks of waiting to see if you done good or not.

Thanks for that. To be honest I'm not looking for super complex recipes, just coffee creams and tobacco ones.

How easy is it to create a recipe from scratch, is it a case of looking through some and trying to get an idea on the amounts of flavour. Not even sure of how much flavour totals should be.

You can taste it now to get an idea if it will work. Just squeeze a drop on a finger.

Create a login/user-id. Set your preferences like I mentioned above. Find a recipe you want to mix. Over to the right there's a wrench by the recipe name. Click wrench, choose adapt. Apart from the flavor names, the recipe will now be in your area with the preferences Just had

You can taste it now to get an idea if it will work. Just squeeze a drop on a finger.
Just had a drop of ry4 delight. Oh my god... so nice!!!

Making your own from scratch is a process mate. First of all you kind of need to know what percentages to use different manufacturers concentrates at. For instance Flavourah are really strong so you don't need much, then Capella not so strong so you use more of that. Then there's the fact that some of the same manufacturer's concentrates are better at different percentages as well so getting to know the actual flavour's best range is important as well.

Personally I just mucked about with a load of different concentrates and made some god awful juice for a while at very low nicotine levels till I got to know the concentrates I was using. Some people like to do single flavour tests but I don't have time for that. It is a good option though.

Also there's the fact that your own personal taste comes into play. You might like a flavour at a much higher or lower percentage than someone else so again it's all trial and error at first. It's different if you're making for other people, you kind of have to tailor it to their tastes or if for a lot of people you need to find a middle ground for everyone.

As you've said, looking at what other people use in recipes is a good start but you might need to adjust for yourself.

Making your own from scratch is a process mate. First of all you kind of need to know what percentages to use different manufacturers concentrates at. For instance Flavourah are really strong so you don't need much, then Capella not so strong so you use more of that. Then there's the fact that some of the same manufacturer's concentrates are better at different percentages as well so getting to know the actual flavour's best range is important as well.

Personally I just mucked about with a load of different concentrates and made some god awful juice for a while at very low nicotine levels till I got to know the concentrates I was using. Some people like to do single flavour tests but I don't have time for that. It is a good option though.

Also there's the fact that your own personal taste comes into play. You might like a flavour at a much higher or lower percentage than someone else so again it's all trial and error at first. It's different if you're making for other people, you kind of have to tailor it to their tastes or if for a lot of people you need to find a middle ground for everyone.

As you've said, looking at what other people use in recipes is a good start but you might need to adjust for yourself.
I was thinking of making the maidens milk but swapping strawberry for coffee or espresso.

Back
Top Bottom