What's new

Mixers - do you still 'breathe' new mixes ?

The breathing was to allow alcohol to dissipate, unless you use an alcohol based flavour I dont think its necessary
This, in the days of cheap stuff, from le China. Breathing helped to soften the alchoholic tinge that some concentrates held

I used to back in the day (2013-2014) , but started hearing rumours of the flavours fading. I did a test mix, one was allowed to breath for 24hrs, the other just the air space at the top. There was a definite fall off of flavour on the one allowed to breathe. I never did it since.

Nope, I'd file this under 'stuff people do but don't even know why they are doing it'

It also runs the risk of the contaminates entering the bottle, moisture, dust etc.

I used to back in the day (2013-2014) , but started hearing rumours of the flavours fading. I did a test mix, one was allowed to breath for 24hrs, the other just the air space at the top. There was a definite fall off of flavour on the one allowed to breathe. I never did it since.

I think this is where a lot of this comes from.... people get a manky tasting juice, leave the top off and let all the aromas escape then conclude that it tastes better. ... which it might, but only because it tasted bad before.

For up to 300ml I am using the https://charger.nitecore.com/product/nff01, with the heating on and set to 35C, BUT with the top of the Erlemeyer flask top actually sealed.
I have preset that for first hour it mixes with low speed, 300rpm, then increases to 600 for next two hours what typically is enough to have a homogenous mixture.
Yes, I can see some condensation on the top layer of the flask in most cases (apart from the summer time).
Plus is that while it is a stirrer, it is not creating any bubbling.

And yes, I've done it once: heating to 50C and "open air". Never again, as almost all aroma/flavour just escaped, leaving the nice mix of nicotine and PG/VG :17: Never again!

PS: for the same purpose you can use cheaper laboratory magnetic stirrer, I am using this one because I am lazy and I can easily program timing/speed.

Back
Top Bottom