What's new

Mtl Build

Kalexu

Hi guys,

Can I get some help here, I'm try to make a flavour build.
Currently im using Micro Fused Clapton MTL Ni80 30GA*2+42GA 0.88ohm from Fumytech, on a Kayfun lite Clone thats screwed on a bpmodes Warhammer.

Once the build is done coil reads somewhere in the range of 0.8 - 0.77. an I ussually vape at about 16-19 w.

Is there any trciks to get better falvour ? Or is just my tasting buds dead ?

Alex

Unless I’m missing something, there are really only a few answers as to why you’re not getting enough flavor… :22:I’m assuming you’ve cleaned your clone well.

You may be wicking too much cotton, or you’re not using quality cotton. Too much cotton will choke off the juice from reaching the coil, especially with a high vg juice. Poorer quality cotton, though often still functional, takes a while to break in, and may take up to half a tank before the flavor comes through :11:

Additionally, the Kf Lite has a very small chamber, so there are some limitations to it. It is best suited to 50/50 vg/pg fruit juices f ex, and will not be at its best with complex juices. Using a Clapton coil is also not strictly necessary, a plain round wire build suffices quite nicely. Be careful not to crank up the wattage too high with the Clapton coil, as you can cook your juice, and therefore lose flavor :D

I'm vaping at 15-18 w ATM.
It's popping when gets to temp, so I don't think it's not wicking properly. I knew the to much cotton issue. I'm using bpmods pro vaping cotton 2.5 mm and always trimming it 10% per say.
I'll try to clean the chimney haven't done it in a week or so. But the juice is complex, Tigers eye from tremendous if you know it and few others in the same flavor area. I'll try some fruits just to test. What atomizer do you recommend for flavor on complex juices ?

Not heard of that juice before but it seems it's a 75VG/25PG so hardly ideal for mtl vaping and it's quite a complex flavour (tobacco, toasted nuts, bourbon cream and coconut wafers) so quite a bit for your palate to cope with.

As already said Complex Coils look good but are not always best for the Job, my Arbiter Solo for example, there is plenty of Room for a 3mm id Coil in there but i use a single core nickel 200 wire. I am using TC but i believe the principle is just the same. The popping and crackling could be the complex coil boiling your juice. Try a single round wire build and some 50/50 liquid and if the Liquid is good the flavour should be good.

Tiger’s eye is a 75/25 vg/pg juice, isn’t it? That’s a very heavy juice for a wee rta, especially if you haven’t thinned the wicks sufficiently :hmm: The fact that it’s crackling may actually mean your cooking the juice, as mentioned in the last post. Always start at low wattage, and work your way up ;)

A tobacco based flavor should work in Kf, Tiger’s eye and the like isn’t exactly what I was referring to… I have several similar Manabush juices I enjoy in the Kf that are similar to your juice, but they’re 50/50. My favorites for tobacco juices and NETs are the FeV VS and my 16mm Dvarw, but that’s just me :)

In my very limited experience popping can be because of the fused Clapton and liquid in the grooves popping. Maybe try 13w to 14w and a little primer puff worth a go.

Last edited:
I use 32x2/38 fused claptons in my kf lite and have no issues whatsoever with flavour from the Manabush liquids I use in it. But as mentioned above, they're 50/50 ratio and I wouldn't use any liquids with a higher vg content in it.

Back
Top Bottom