What's new

Mtl vaper looking to experience sub ohm correctly?

valtonio

Postman
Good evening,

I'm been vaping on and off for about 2 years. I'm going down the mtl route which I find helps greatly in my fight to get off the cigs.

However I have always been interested in technology and design and some of the new sub ohm devices for sale or newly released seem to tick all the boxes in terms of tech, design etc.

I would love to try a sub ohm device really as something to enjoy all the flavours and as a way to relax in the evenings. The problem is I haven't a clue where to begin in terms suitable devices and more importantly which coils a type including nicotine strength for vaping at a higher wattage.?

Finally I assume I should treat sub ohm vaping as a bit of a hobby and interest until I can finally say I've given up the cigs using the mtl method.

Would you guys mind giving me your thoughts on the above and also briefly explain whether using a rdl coil on a sub ohm can work as well as I'm finding mtl currently.??

Thanks and sorry for essay!!!!

Mouth to Lung / Direct to Lung, I think is the comparison you are looking for.. sub-ohm literally just means a coil below 1 ohm, which my MTL coil is. (or it's just a marketing buzzword phrase)

... and in that respect, it's absolutely no different to me. I'm using the same liquid, the same nicotine strength.

I'm only saying this to avoid confusion, so you get the answers you are looking for.

Many people quit smoking using DTL devices too, it's just an inhalation preference and not nessesarily 'just a hobby'

about nicotine.... it's all about how much you are inhaling, if you are direct lung inhaling a lot of vapour then you will want to lower the nicotine, most people never go above 6mg as a maximum (more typically 3mg) but that might depend on what you are using now.

I'm not really 100% sure exactly what you are asking.

Sub-ohm vaping was a work of art when I joined this forum nearly 10 years ago, as it relied on knowing your batteries, being OCD about cleaning the mod and dripper, carefully building a coil to safe limits within the capacity of the battery.

All this has now changed due to vaping gear progression and can be done off a stock coil, a £10 mod and £5 tank with no real worry of incompatibility; aside from running off a knock off battery but that's the same whether MTL or DTL.

If you want a hassle free DTL set up you can't go wrong with a Vaporesso Gen 200 kit and 0.2ohm or 0.4ohm GTI coil.

As for liquid, either 60/40, 70/30 or 80/20 VG/PG liquid at 3mg.

You will need x2 18650 batteries too, something like the Molicell P26A from a trusted vendor like Fogstar.

If you want a hassle free DTL set up you can't go wrong with a Vaporesso Gen 200 kit and 0.2ohm or 0.4ohm GTI coil.

As for liquid, either 60/40, 70/30 or 80/20 VG/PG liquid at 3mg.

You will need x2 18650 batteries too, something like the Molicell P26A from a trusted vendor like Fogstar.
Agree with @JohnNada The Vap Gen 200 kit does the job. :)

Back
Top Bottom