What's new

Nevoks Pagee Kit

red5

Achiever
Nevoks Pagee kit review by Antony Lord
NZ6Pac5Qk9iAk7Ee-iPBM_CL48kB7mjpcE_1roR6zetnwmBlxD_CsNzdHwQJEQs8aEXVjsdfYGQVcU8pd3UsJmc4sTf8I0BBPuoHUb9BiTw4mbX4oiEG2_GSmv1r-f9oTRJ3b9Bx

Nevoks got in touch to ask if I’d be interested in taking a look at some of their products, after a little back and forth it was decided that the best thing for me to try out was their Pagee kit which won ''The best pod of 2021” at the French VapeXpo. This was a stock coil only kit but they have just released a RBA pod as well so it seemed like a good place to start.

Specifications:
  • 67 x 44 x 12.6 mm (excluding drip tip) / 74 grams
  • Zinc alloy construction
  • 0.69’ screen
  • Output 5~30 watts
  • 950 mah internal battery / USB-C 2 amp fast charging
  • 2.2ml PCTG pod
  • SPL-10 series coils for MTL or restricted DL
CeG7vTJpYFgOs6wvLhWUwiVyqSh8Ld0OMRAfKI5XdPpsHcMZqJDqXtXPrARqLJ7nnvT-nBu4b3G6erliuLSBKske5kkrtAJOBiWbrqf4ocUmgCEUP32vNX-w7GQsLNXGdX3CTD0R

In the rather compact box you’ll find the Pagee, two SPL-10 coils, a rather short USB-C charge cable, a lanyard plus a small instruction manual. The Pagee is available in four colours (Black, Violet Rainbow, Dark Green and Space Grey) and I was sent the black version for review.
aE1Xoaq4ZyzTItdZUAi3f5lw8jgp51YG6-oUWkOoS_bfjxjbDvzrPPv-6y429R06v6CywnuGqBC2HBI7TeBkS77kcGBh1gdYC8jHVWlgWtDLiyzoKEQdoPm6-3pb8YA3MFd8fGic

First impressions out of the box this thing is small, it’s not even the size of a credit card albeit a bit thicker at 12.6mm, and the rectangular shape is certainly a pleasant departure from the standard pod kit. It’s surprisingly weighty at 74 grams (with a coil and eliquid) due to its zinc alloy construction but the shape means it’s perfect to slip in a shirt pocket whilst you’re out and about.

The main chassis actually has a gunmetal finish with large “carbon fibre” stickers on either side. There’s a small but clear screen to show your current settings and control wise there are two buttons, a fire button on the side and a adjustment button up top, and operation is simple:

• Press the top button to adjust the wattage (it round robins once you hit the maximum wattage)
  • Press the fire button to fire, 3x to switch off the autodraw function and 5x to turn the device on and off
  • You can also lock the buttons by pressing both at the same time.

Under the pod there are your contacts and two strong magnets to hold the pod in place. There’s a lanyard loop at the top corner near the buttons should you wish to use one but this isn’t something that I ever use myself. On the bottom there’s an adjustable airflow control and some emergency venting for the battery.

Just under the fire button you’ll find a USB-C charge port with 2 amp fast charging ability and a claimed charge time of just 50 minutes for the internal 950mah battery. In my test this actually hit a peak charge rate of 1.35 amps with a recorded 811mah charge in just 55 minutes.
e4uCuBcWTrm5dtDVxZGLjDcFhw06ViwFDLfTaYrq-MOsH017YdHfeLC5lE1iJGAv4dS8gzsDahkOUb0SABYS1a0OCHwyqfMZxx02wnLHK44wTx5IgAH2pOGsKL0tP7uUekZIou94

The 2.2ml pod is constructed from PCTG so should be fine with most eliquids but obviously be cautious if you habitually use tank crackers, I was happy to see that this uses a standard 510 drip tip as well although the included drip tip is fine it may not be to everyone’s taste. Filling was easy with the fill port being hidden away around the back of the pod and even though the pod is tinted it’s actually easy to see how much eliquid you have left.
1o53ouDHXMxHTN68TslQm44tSW8m5x7C27E7u4OGE2-Wxsd9fPEP2h_stFoFOxzzyr7pcgdhoOaBmrzE2WdezLbzoXU8ysjqG3IbIGLK11MXOE8Iy363wZOfI_qBhe0xJaYdkXY5

The Pagee uses Nevoks SPL-10 series of coils which is also used in their Feelin range of pods. Two coils are included in the package, a 1.0 ohm and a 0.6 ohm coil, both are Kanthal mesh coils and they also sent me a couple of the 0.8 ohm coils to try out.

The Pagee will suggest a wattage depending on which coil you have installed and I found the suggested wattage to be spot on in all cases but you do of course have the option to change this if you wish. I quickly found that the autodraw only worked reliably if the airflow was less than a third open unfortunately, for me a least, I got the best flavour out of the coils with the airflow about half way open so I had to resort to using the button and in fact ended up turning the autodraw feature off completely. There’s also a bit of rattlesnaking going on which is particularly noticeable with the 1.0 ohm coil and this suggests it’s using pulse width modulation (PWM), it's not terrible but it’s hardly silent if you’re into stealth vaping.

The 1.0 ohm coil was fairly average flavour wise, it wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t punchy or clear either. The draw was a medium mouth to lung, you can close the airflow down for a tighter draw but I found that this dimmed the flavour even more, a disappointing start.

The 0.6 and 0.8 ohm coils were much better flavour wise but they’re both bordering on a restricted direct lung hit. I was initially using an 18mg eliquid and soon had to drop this down as I was developing a bit of a head spin and to be fair to Nevoks they do in fact suggest using less than 10mg nicotine (nic) with these coils! For me this is where the Pagee shined although I’d probably need to up the nic content from my standard 3mg if I was going to use this all day.
udMRMmhWQ3GaouerKqvnuLyndhrXkKrnVY0P3zcxCVB9ZPX00d8LoX3YeT_Senr3JrUmV4t3uNSXmSHl5PQFVG6XKG7g_NxQ4OA6uUAYBrRKeLat_AhqxhyRHSeGlc2MsswWmLGi

Nevoks also sent out their recently released RBA kit and at first glance I wasn’t too sure this was going to be an enjoyable experience given how small it is. This is a four part system with a build deck, chimney, tank and screw on drip tip. You also get plenty of spares and a couple of premade coils in the box along with a tool to help align your coils.
hsuXPDo3erVE4EFXC7ylty2-sV-dwFcjeCw0pBdK7cW-jnlmYcMF53SN6l2D93j_GpjReeNuueU3JriZEWPRZ2IkgkdnrkEWQcvaOJc6tFYjehT0xR_ixDjf5bcMlGA5dMEdsZ1e

What I hadn’t noticed until I took a closer look at the photos was that the 2mm inner diameter coils supplied are in fact very poorly made claptons…. I wondered why I was getting hotspots! Do yourself a favour, bin these and make your own.
kX4dMeAv4jo_Qny-2D3nja_NJ6ykyRAuyK8jD8rI4P-3WhnQ-D4ohheiTxUy5BRfONMwBfaLpNiPuv1CxXk_MluWXA-6zbaMhLNf0-rw5NEh1cLWAnEEuK0w3uytybjWIWkFwPbG

The build deck is actually cleverly designed with lips to capture your leads around the screws so clamping the coil down and clipping the leads was actually easy, just watch out for anything getting stuck at the back as there’s a strong magnet under here. I found that I could then fit the deck on the Pagee to bed my coils in, with the size of the deck and location of the wicking ports I cut the cotton right to the edge and fluffed it all up (Note if you look at the picture on the right this is where I noticed the shoddy clapton wire!)
25p-sUAClXY9mZmpqf0fd7Jg4mfK18WqpDNTksjMytmpSyMlnSUTVAhYg1P2fMRBTPLy2Za0EP7In4nLAAR4dys7cGJUT_eE3jal6Ip_YrV-gPK15QWyQKO_DJAmoHQGJaYbLJEa

You can now place the chimney section on the deck, this is held in place by two larger screws that you’ll find in the spares bag, and you can now place the tank section over and seal everything up with the threaded drip tip.

Despite the dodgy wire this actually proved to be rather good, you can get a decent mouth to lung vape out of this so this is the way to go if that’s your preferred style. Stick to a 2mm i.d. coil and it should work a charm

Pros:
  • Neat, pocketable design
  • Kanthal coils
  • Good optional RBA kit

Cons:
  • Unreliable autodraw feature
  • Rattlesnakes (PWM)
  • Coils supplied with the RBA kit are junk

Conclusion:

The Nevoks Pagee is marketed as a Mouth to lung and restricted direct lung tank but I’d say that with the stock coils it definitely leans more towards the latter. If you want a decent MTL then you’re probably going to want to look at the optional RBA kit, just do yourself a favour and bin the coils that come with it.

Many thanks to Nevoks for sending the Pagee kit out for review.
rKMn50N4GyIez3eWCBNRa0JcvD09Ww67RI9-nh847DJ5H43Xncp53aASMWrZ-nd-moOkpLeBOTzpt54Gfl9FYyPvrQz--AWlYMmQz2FyecerljGA23TXfiA8b8lYdTWordqRaSQH

@Nevokstech

Thanks for the review. Interesting little device which had gone under my radar. The RBA option piques my interest for MTL.

Thank you for your review, Antony, we will collect your suggestion about the RBA to do it better in the future.

Back
Top Bottom