What's new

Review NEW Capella Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer

Thanks again out to Allan at Capella who sent out these few flavors that I didn't get the chance to review during the original series.

View attachment 356635

View attachment 356636

As typical, all were tested at the listed percentages in a 70v/30p/3mg base on the SteamCrave RDTA v.1, running dual Kanthal vertical coils, and Koh Gen Do cotton at 65 watts.

Mint (CAP) 4% (8-12-24) – For the record (as always), I do NOT use cooling agents, and I am NOT a fan of them. With THAT outta the way, it’s no secret that Capella has some really good mints, Spearmint, Cool Mint, and Peppermint, some of which I’ve used a lot, though typically NOT for personal use. This one will probably go up there with the rest of them, BUT, there’s a but. BUT, hehe, it was almost more of a Mint Candy, than a pure Mint mint. When I first started testing, I was HIT with an onrush of what appeared to be cooling, but it calmed down after a little bit. Continued testing revealed there did seem to be some in there. Let your personal cooling preferences decide for you on that fact. The Mint itself was fairly clean, and was fairly sweetened, but it wasn’t JUST a sweetened Mint, it almost tasted candied. Not entirely, but it leaned more heavily towards that, than just a sweet mint.

Being a HUGE drinker of Mojitos, when I hear “Mint”, I’m thinking Fresh Mint. Now this wasn’t terrible, but I think it was fairly sweet/candied, so again, let YOUR thoughts on that decide for you. I can’t rate/compare the cooling in it, but from a “Not Cooler”, I would say it was fairly cool, on both the inhale/exhale, so it was in there. A nice mint, with a lot of uses, just not a pure, or completely natural mint, and with some cooling. Trying to leave my cooling feelings aside, and not rate on that aspect, it felt good at a 7.0/10, and as a somewhat sweetened, chilled mint.

Nut Muffin (CAP) 4% (8-11-24) – Cakes, muffins, or cupcakes, how DO you make them, TASTE, like what they’re supposed to ? Capella, did a pretty good job, and somehow, it seemed more like a Muffin, than either of the cakes. This presented as fairly cakey, BUT, CAP added some darker, not really burned notes, but darker, maybe similar to molasses, which really pushed this one pretty solidly into Muffin-Ville. The darker notes, persisted (in a good way), and that way, the “cakes” never came to the forefront. Still cakey, but NOT a cake, or cupcake, if that makes sense. The nut(s) profile was harder to nail down, and while obviously there, exactly WHAT nuts, remained a mystery. No AP, no Los Fritos, or any of the typical off-notes, and the nut profile was lighter, non-bitter, and made me wonder if it was Pecan. No peanuts, or walnuts, so I’ll just leave it at “nutty”.

Continuing through the test, it almost reminded me of a bran muffin, but only somewhat, not entirely. Combined the light nuts and muffin did play nice together, with no off-notes or complaints. At 4% it was very full, but not overpowered. It might even be able to be cut by 0.5-0.75% without issue. Sweetness was about two ticks past mid-level, which left it fairly sweet, but in comparison to most mass marketed “muffins” it tasted about right. About my only “want” would be just a bit more nuts. Small want, for a big, tasty muffin flavor. Right before I started working on the scoring, I decided that a sweetened, nut and bran muffin was
about as close as I could get to describing it. With only the light nuts to “want” for, I settled on a high 9.1/10 for this one.

Wafer Crunch (CAP) 4% (8-16-24) – LAST one in this (kinda) new series. This one smelled great in the bottle, and continued during testing. Even after three testers, the two main take-aways stayed consistent. It was 75% vanilla wafers, and 25% Waffle Cone. At first, I wasn’t sure about the WC, but after more testing, I think it actually DID add some depth, a little crunch, and backing to the wafer profile. The wafer profile was VERY good, and accurate, with a pretty close representation OF a vanilla wafer. There may have been some light cream in there, but it was hard to tell. Not exactly like bighting into one, but the overall effect was pretty close. It was great at 2.5%, with no off-notes, and sweetness was just below mid-level. Tasty, almost crispy, and accurate. Nothing came to mind as a “must have” or “could have” with this one. NOT a pure Wafer, but the addition of the Waffle Cone, DID work here. Leaving this one pretty high, at a 9.5/10.

Thanks for the extra reviews mate. I have the Nut Muffin and Wafer Crunch but not the Mint as like you I don’t really like mints and coolants in my vape juice. I haven’t tested or used the two that I do have so it’s reassuring to hear that you rated them highly. 👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom