What's new

New member- a retired toxicologist & tobacco harm reduction proponent

JonathanD

Initiate
I've just joined the Forum to keep up with what's new in the vaping & tobacco/nicotine harm reduction space. My story is a bit different than most others here. I am a Ph.D. Pharmacologist and Board Certified Toxicologist [DABT], retired now to consulting on toxicology, flavorings, nicotine, & harm reduction topics. I have almost 40 years of work experience in the industry sector in these & related USA regulatory areas. I served a 4-year appointment [2010-2014] on the US FDA's first Tobacco Products Scientific Advisory Committee [TPSAC], representing the interests of the regulated tobacco/nicotine industry in a non-voting capacity. I received the 2021 Lifetime Achievement Award from the US Tobacco Science Research Conference for my career work to advance less harmful nicotine options for smokers, and was selected by peer recognition to become a Fellow of the US Academy of Toxicological Sciences [ATS] in 2012. I have a lot of catching up to do by exploring the diverse threads & topics discussed here, and am looking forward to learning from that.

Hi @JonathanD welcome to the forum.
I notice that the TSRC where you achieved your lifetime award is sponsored or at least associated with JUUL, do you feel there are any times during your career that you felt there was pressure on you from companies that are involved in either tobacco or vape products?

juul.jpg

Back
Top Bottom