What's new

Newbie looking for advice

DD_

Hi, new to vaping and have a few questions/issues.

I'm running with a cool fire 4 and iSub tank with 0.2 coils.

When using 50/50 mix (0.3%) my coils last around 1week vaping between 25-30watt on roughly half open air

Recently switched to 70vg/30pg (0.3%) liquid and I'm burning coils within a matter of hours! Again between 25-30watt on half open air.

Is there any way to prolong the coils when using 70vg? Or should I be looking at changing wattage/coil ohm/ air draw?

I feel using a lower watt and or more open air, it's very tasteless.

Thanks

Hi, new to vaping and have a few questions/issues.

I'm running with a cool fire 4 and iSub tank with 0.2 coils.

When using 50/50 mix (0.3%) my coils last around 1week vaping between 25-30watt on roughly half open air

Recently switched to 70vg/30pg (0.3%) liquid and I'm burning coils within a matter of hours! Again between 25-30watt on half open air.

Is there any way to prolong the coils when using 70vg? Or should I be looking at changing wattage/coil ohm/ air draw?

I feel using a lower watt and or more open air, it's very tasteless.

Thanks
Hi mate. Welcome to the forum!

What isub are you using? Some tanks will struggle with high vg juices, especially if you are chain vaping. Did you prime your coils first? (a few drops in each wicking hole and let it rest after filling).

With isub coils its also always a good idea to use a pin to poke some holes in the wick before priming - that will help with high vg juices. It's also a good idea to break the coils in slowly increasing your watts to begin with as a general advice. How many coils have you tried? It's not unheard of some boxes of 5 having more than a couple of duds.

Finally, have you looked into rewicking the coils yourself when they burn? It's dead easy on most isub coils. Here's a tutorial just check if it applies to your specific coils:

Good luck! Let us know how you get on.

As @ZendeR says, I use the "g" for work and the coil usually lasts about a week before it needs rewicking. Once you've primed it, wiggle a small pin through. That helps no end.

I'm unsure which I sub im using if I'm honest. I'll give the pin trick a try... I'll also revert to the 50/50 liquid if I'm struggling as it seems to be working ok... why change something that isn't broken eh? I'll be looking into re wicking soon. Thanks guys

I'm unsure which I sub im using if I'm honest. I'll give the pin trick a try... I'll also revert to the 50/50 liquid if I'm struggling as it seems to be working ok... why change something that isn't broken eh? I'll be looking into re wicking soon. Thanks guys
No problem! Let us know how you get along. It's good to have a go at different setups. Sometimes you find something better, most times you discover what you DON'T like, which in the long run it's also quite useful! :)

Is the type etched on the underside of the base bud ;)?!

Back
Top Bottom