What's new

NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde lifts e-cigarettes ban

srs

Postman
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35102530

Dr Emilia Crighton, NHS GGC's director of public health, said: "It is clear from research carried out by Public Health England, ourselves and others, that e-cigarettes do have their place in the fight against tobacco and are being used effectively to help people stop smoking altogether." ...more

Last edited:
Im trying to put it to my hospital where i work to change their policy based on new findings. I know it won't lead anywhere BUT hopefully me taking direct lines from the NHS website which includes safer and 'recommend not to ban them on trust grounds' will perhaps give me leeway.

Not too sure who to approach on the matter though.

interesting - seems like there is constantly two sides of the coin - the commercial and health side - but the messaging doesnt seem to align at all ... however it looks like some bodies finally seem to get the real facts ... I believe with TPD this could well be too late ...

Hopefully the Scottish members can lobby their MSPs on this. If the Scottish Parliament can be made vape friendly, it might help those in England and Wales.
Not counting on it though. Big money talks.

Result...but I will prob still go off site now an then with my smoking buddies(for the banter)...at least the choice is there:)

Hopefully the Scottish members can lobby their MSPs on this. If the Scottish Parliament can be made vape friendly, it might help those in England and Wales.
Not counting on it though. Big money talks.

Its worth an ask...what you need is an SNP MP vaper on the case

Back
Top Bottom