What's new

One million people in England vape despite never having smoked regularly

Nobody ever smoked before they started. So now a million people use vapes who didn't smoke before so this is a tragedy which must be addressed.

I see no reason why a vape can't be considered an alternative to smoking instead of purely a smoking cessation device.

It's all bollocks. if it is such a problem it should be banned completely along with smoking. So when it comes to smoking things will change so people born after a certain date will never be able to buy tobacco products legally, this means there will be zero impact now and, more to the point, this brave new future doesn't affect todays tobacco tax receipts. Business as usual.

People experiment, particularly young people, and 'how healthy is this' has never been their concern. Now they vape - but they aren't smoking which they probably would have done if vapes weren't available as they would have experimented with tobacco products instead. I'm not sure how bad this actually is - I'm certain it's not a good thing, but I suspect it isn't as bad as if the same million took the smoking option.

I see articles like these are being churned out to serve the purpose o justifying future vape product taxes and the cynic in me believes that once the tax receipts start flooding in we won't see anywhere near as many articles like this and the funding for the anti-vape brigade will mysteriously dry up.

Back
Top Bottom