What's new

Nicotine in VG or PG?

Thanks so much Mr Glass, you actually understand what I was asking and I appreciate your reply, Nic in VG it is then

Slightly confused here. If you have a 70Vg shortfill and want to maintain the vg/pg ratio after adding nic to the shortfill, topping it up with VG nic is going to increase the VG content.
To maintain the 70vg/30pg ratio after adding nic you would need to add a nicotine base mix of 30%pg and 70%vg.
You can use the PG/VG Ratio Calculator on Vapinghardware.com to work out your ratios for any combination.

Last edited:
Slightly confused here. If you have a 70Vg shortfill and want to maintain the vg/pg ratio after adding nic to the shortfill, topping it up with VG nic is going to increase the VG content.
To maintain the 70vg/30pg ratio after adding nic you would need to add a nicotine base mix of 30%pg and 70%vg.
You can use the PG/VG Ratio Calculator on Vapinghardware.com to work out your ratios for any combination.
I think it’s been confused (in some of the replies) rather than being confusing.
I’m with you; If you have a 70/30 VG/PG shortfill, the only way to maintain that ratio with added nic shots is to add them as 70vg/30pg
Simple

You’re right! If you have a 70VG shortfill and you add VG nicotine, it will raise the VG content, changing the ratio. To keep the 70VG/30PG ratio after adding nicotine, you should use a nicotine base that’s 30% PG and 70% VG. That way, you balance it out correctly.

You’re right! If you have a 70VG shortfill and you add VG nicotine, it will raise the VG content, changing the ratio. To keep the 70VG/30PG ratio after adding nicotine, you should use a nicotine base that’s 30% PG and 70% VG. That way, you balance it out correctly.

Which is what I said in post #2 :hmm:

The reason I commented against your earlier message was you stated adding a VG nic shot to a 70/30 shortfill would keep the 70/30 ratio which was incorrect. As @hack400 said and I confirmed you need a 70/30 ratio of nic to maintain the existing shortfill ratio.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom