which do you like more?

• Odin v1

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Odin v2

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

expletive

just got the odin v2 in the mail. i am a MASSIVE supporter of the v1 the DNA and the proprietary dovpo chip versions. both amazing devices and workhorses. anyone notice the button on the v2 crunchy? or is my button assembly just fubar? i hit up the distro for a return and exchange but id like to think they havent cheaped out of materials and parts cuz the v1 buttons were AMAZING.

Any other devices you swear by? Chuck em down below. im open to trying pretty much anything. mass mfg or high end alike!

Last edited:
As an mtl vaper, I honestly haven’t the slightest clue what I would do with a double 21700 mod…the batteries would last me close to week :21:

So I’ll just bowl you a yorker: If you were to take a punt on what I was using any given day (at home that is), it would be good odds that it’d be this: my Vapeasy Stratum Balance dna60 - my workhorse ;)

J0qVoPf.jpg

But you know what they say, it’s not the size of the mod, it’s how you use it :18:

I've got two Odin Minis, they do me, zero interest in one of those guys.

Mods are Mods and they all do the same thing, I have 2 Odin's, 1 none DNA plus a 250c. I won't be buying a V2 when my original Odin's do the same thing.

just got the odin v2 in the mail. i am a MASSIVE supporter of the v1 the DNA and the proprietary dovpo chip versions. both amazing devices and workhorses. anyone notice the button on the v2 crunchy? or is my button assembly just fubar? i hit up the distro for a return and exchange but id like to think they havent cheaped out of materials and parts cuz the v1 buttons were AMAZING.

Any other devices you swear by? Chuck em down below. im open to trying pretty much anything. mass mfg or high end alike!
Well, first off, the device is brilliant. It's about as compact and lightweight as I would expect a dual 21700 mod to be without feeling toyish or cheap. I mean, it could be smaller (still hoping Vaporesso get their heads out of their arses and make a 2x21700 version of the new Gen 200, now that thing is tiny in its 2x18650 config, so a 2x21700 should be roughly the size of the old Gen), but it's way more than manageable. Staying with the positives, the C-frame is a great decision they made, I hate hinged battery doors as they have, without fail, been the first thing to break on most of mine and my friends' mods. Also the chip, while simplistic, is more than functional enough and, while I don't know how much of that is the chip, the battery management is very good as well, both with 21700s and with 18650s. Couple that with the very nice, premium feel of the aluminium body (I have started to dislike zinc alloy mods by comparison, I'll have to thank my Gen X for that) and you have a winner IMO.

On the bad stuff. The battery door is rattly. I'm pretty sure that mine isn't the only unit with that problem. But without doing anything to it, it will move about when the mod is in my hands, it's not tight like my Thelema and Gen X which feel like solid bricks when the battery door is installed. That was quite easy to fix, I just put a small piece of felt in the battery compartment and voila, rattles gone and the thing now feels solid as it should. As for the button... I wouldn't say crunchy, but it kind of rotates counter clockwise a bit and when it does, it sometimes gets stuck and the thing keeps on firing when I've lifted my finger. Still not a deal breaker for me, I easily adjusted my grip to avoid this issue. Maybe I should've gone for a replacement, but I can't be bothered, as my Gen X seems to be giving up the ghost for some reason and I need a second device next to my workhorse, the Thelema. I don't know what's wrong with the Gen, seems like something's snapped and it's losing contact internally. It will sometime turn off with the slightest bump and refuse to turn on again for a while, and it sometimes behaves as if the batteries are empty even when they're like 70% full (tested with different batteries, including Sony VTC6 and Molicel P28a, same behavior more or less). I am tempted to take the device apart and try to repair it. If I succeed, I might as well throw a coat of gun metal paint on the thing, as I've scratched it up real good and I've regretted going for the black version anyway, since all of my other devices have been gun metal. Oh well. First world problems. I might as well go for the Gen 200 and throw away all my single battery mods.

The annoying thing about some of these mods, I see it a lot with collabs, is that they never get compared to anything mainstream. So I could ask the question, say for example would you get the v2 mini over the Vaporesso armour S (which I have because its built like a tank) or is the v2 better than the l200 (or even the upcoming legend 3). Is there anything in a mod nowdays? Personally I just get bored every couple of months and want to try something new

Back
Top Bottom