What's new

Review Pioneer 4U IPV-D2 mini review

How's the paint holding up gents? I have two ipv v2 minis and both are flaking paint.
Mine is fine apart from my own stupidity.

Was at a barbie couple of weeks ago and after a few to drink I was vaping like no tomorrow. I had some extra juice with me so refilled and put the Subtank plus back on and continued with the drinking.

Next morning, hanging badly, I come to fill her up again, could I fuck get the tank off, it was stuck solid, probably some juice got under or some Aftershock or some sourz, never mind lol. So I gets the pliers...hmmm probably not a good idea while still half cut but it needed the extra tension...and proceded to twist around the base, tank loosened but rubbed the paint right off around the top edge... Ah shit, not amused. So OCD has kicked in and it always wears its skin now!

Mine is fine apart from my own stupidity.

Was at a barbie couple of weeks ago and after a few to drink I was vaping like no tomorrow. I had some extra juice with me so refilled and put the Subtank plus back on and continued with the drinking.

Next morning, hanging badly, I come to fill her up again, could I fuck get the tank off, it was stuck solid, probably some juice got under or some Aftershock or some sourz, never mind lol. So I gets the pliers...hmmm probably not a good idea while still half cut but it needed the extra tension...and proceded to twist around the base, tank loosened but rubbed the paint right off around the top edge... Ah shit, not amused. So OCD has kicked in and it always wears its skin now!
That's my worry. All the reviewers I've watched compare this device with the next greatest thing show marks on the top paint. My goliath v2 gets screwed down hard so I can refill it without taking the whole thing off and I reckon I'd kill the paint in the first week.

Nice to hear it doesn't rub off in your hands though which is my current experience.

Think I'll be going with a koopor just to be safe though. Just waiting for the plus to arrive.

That's my worry. All the reviewers I've watched compare this device with the next greatest thing show marks on the top paint. My goliath v2 gets screwed down hard so I can refill it without taking the whole thing off and I reckon I'd kill the paint in the first week.

Nice to hear it doesn't rub off in your hands though which is my current experience.

Think I'll be going with a koopor just to be safe though. Just waiting for the plus to arrive.
The paint is extremely thin and I believe any drop or knock or abrasive force will cause it to come off quite easily.

But you are saying yours is just rubbing off in your hand, it has got to be a manufacturing flaw, plain and simple! Where did you buy it from? Will the seller not cover that?

Mine have lost their paint around the 510 from screwing tanks down. The paint does chip easily but I'm not fussed. It's such a cheap device that they get used as my beaters because I don't care if they get dropped.

Still loving the D2 overall by the way. It tends to be my go-to mod now due to the convenient size and low cost.

Been using it for 2 days . What a great mod for the money and would still be a bargain for twice the price

The paint is extremely thin and I believe any drop or knock or abrasive force will cause it to come off quite easily.

But you are saying yours is just rubbing off in your hand, it has got to be a manufacturing flaw, plain and simple! Where did you buy it from? Will the seller not cover that?
Well it's not like I take my hand away and it's covered in paint but it looks like I store the mod with keys and change yet I don't. I liked it so much I bought a second one and in one week of keeping it in my jacket pocket it picked up scratches and it was the only thing in there.

Oddly the cloupor mods have weathered better... Hence my apprehension on the D2.

Was put off getting this due to no step down but from how it's been explained here I shouldn't have an issue if I've understood it correctly.

I normally build at 1.0 - 1.1ohm and am always vaping at around 4.4v so no matter how much charge is in my battery I will get the correct voltage/wattage???

Ive done the same, screwed the 510 adapter down to much since im having to use a temp tank. Have a nice crescent moon shape now but its not terrible. In fairness, it was my fault not its at all. My local shop is selling these for £60 and seem to being having *specials* on all the gearbest EU items.

If tank rash worries you then get a heatsink to avoid it totally, To me its part and parcel of vaping,doesnt do me any harm,dont worry about it,doesnt effect my vape,cant see it when an atty is on...

Back
Top Bottom