What's new

Prime Vapes - E-liquid flavour ban, what can you do?

Wrote to my mp and he was quick to reply that the government are considering banning only union and rainbow flavours(whatever they are)that appeal to children.

Wrote to my mp and he was quick to reply that the government are considering banning only union and rainbow flavours(whatever they are)that appeal to children.

maybe it auto corrected “unicorn”. was there not a unicorn tit, or unicorn piss or something? of course it’s all this daft stupidly marketed liquid that has led to this.

maybe it auto corrected “unicorn”. was there not a unicorn tit, or unicorn piss or something? of course it’s all this daft stupidly marketed liquid that has led to this.

There's a unicorn vomit, I think they eat Haggis so I never fancied it masel

there were a tonne of muppets with 0iq making juices like TiT sauce or Booby Juice..

I'm no prude by any means but get a clue monkeys

I signed the petition for what it's worth, not sure there's much that can be done at the vaping industry level, it's all part of a "Ban everything a small number of 'better' people don't like or just make it so expensive that the proles can't afford to get in the way of their well-heeled betters enjoying it" malaise that is overtaking the West in general - under the guise of saving the children, the planet, or protecting us from ourselves and all that cr*p.

What's needed is a change in the overall approach to the dying concept of life, liberty and freedom - i.e. the vast majority telling the 'better' people, at the point of a pitchfork if necessary, that they run the country for the convenience of the vast majority; it's not a license to impose their own preferences, prejudices and fears on them from their ivory tower.

Just collect the taxes, spend it wisely on stuff that's actually needed, provide a professional police force that apply reasonable laws equally to all, fill the potholes, empty the bins and other than that, pretty much f**k off out of our lives.

This is why I left the UK and chose to live where I do (Bali), where as long as you're not a total psycho you can go about doing what you enjoy freely enough. If your behaviour messes up other people's lives then there are consequences, severe ones, especially if you're not a citizen; but if you are happy to pay your way, understand that you're a guest, be grateful for that and generally not act like an ass*ole or demand that things should be run how you'd like them to be, you're left alone to live how you like, and life is good.

I suspect a lot of the recent additions to the UK population would get on much better with the natives if they bore these things in mind.

Last edited:
Yeah, it always starts with the 'think of the children' (or planet or...) thing so to oppose it makes you a monster, then once that's in, perhaps we ought to ban the highest nic levels as, well, seems reasonable enough, then... and before you know it, there's a total ban for grown adults doing something that does no harm to anybody else, sometimes even in the privacy of their own home (eg. weed and as of recently in Scotland, expressing an opinion held by the majority of the population).

The answer has to be a firm 'NO' from the outset; it's already illegal for kids to vape, so bloody well enforce that properly.

Same with everything else that's illegal already like overtly threatening people, physical violence and stealing or breaking other people's stuff; we don't need additional laws for the numerous different reasons people might do those things, or special cases for which types of people do them to which other types of people - they all prohibit exactly the same actions but make enforcing them a matter of opinion or perception; and worse, they divide society on the basis of things that the law has no business being interested in.

Just damn well enforce the existing laws properly "without fear or favour" and then when that's done, we can mull over whether we need any new laws.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom