What's new

Prototype Vpro review - some interesting features.

mike137

Postman
The words and blatherings herein are my own and do not represent the views of anyone else, just me. This was supplied to me free of charge from Raul at www.really-ecigarettes.com but nevertheless this review is entirely impartial and is based on my experience of the device.

This is my first review of a device so please be gentle...

Vpro

Box contents:

VV VW 18650 only battery tube
Vivi nova style clearo with 2.8 ohm head
Stainless steel drip tip
Uk wall plug USB adapter
USB Y lead
18650 2200mAh battery
Volts Vs ohms data card
Instruction card

<edit here for pics when my computer stops being a dick>

Box: GREAT
Nice, thick, quality box but device had light scratches from the plastic inner. Nothing a little polishing wouldn't fix.

Instructions: OK
Enough info on the device and button menu etc but no info on charging the battery or using the USB PCC function.

The device: GREAT
High quality stainless steel, laser etched logo, matching battery cap with vent holes. No sharp edges or bad machining etc.
510 connection only but the threads are good... I did pull a small piece of delrin (or similar) from the 510 threads that could have caused issues and should have been removed in the manufacturing stage.
The threads on the battery cap could do with being longer as it is possible to get a shock during assembly... It didn't happen to me though.
The vpro feels great in your hand, nice weight and diameter and the button is in the right place... Very ergonomic!

The clearo: OK
A very obvious vivi nova clone... Put side by side with my genuine vivi there is no difference at all, totally identical. Vapes the same as a vivi, leak free with reasonable taste. Also the head is marked as 2.4 ohms but reads 2.8 on both my vamo and the vpro... Odd.

Drip tip: GREAT
Full stainless steel, great taste and feel. Good secure fit.

Battery: GREAT
18650 2200mAh Li-ion protected battery. I have been told this is manufactured by Samsung and rebranded with the Vpro logo.
Lasted me a little under a day but I am quite a heavy user.
All the usual warnings and markings and polarity marked.

Wall plug adapter: GREAT
Very similar to an iPhone charger plug, marked with the Vpro logo, output voltage and current. i tried my iphone in it and it charged ok but was unusable... The touch screen played up.
Bit of a surprise this being included with a mod... What is it for??

USB Y cable with 510 threaded end and male/female USB ends: GREAT
This, for me, is where the Vpro kit comes into it's own... Not only is it a great device to use (more on that later) but it is an integrated 18650 battery charger. No need to bring my i4 to work 'just in case' and no need to get a PAT test as it works just as well in a USB socket as it does the mains adapter. It's not a bulky accessory and easily fits in a pocket. But...

There's always a but isn't there...

What is the female USB socket for?? Well... If you plug another USB device (phone, tablet pc etc) and press the fire button it will charge it... I've used it to fully charge my iPhone and it works perfectly... It's better suited as an emergency charger for short bursts or wrap an elastic band round the button to keep it activated for longer periods. Perfect for camping etc if you have a pile of fully charged batteries and no mains power. The only down side to the integrated charger/PCC function is that it uses the 510 connection, so the device cannot be used for vaping while charging the battery or charging your phone.

Setting up and using the Vpro: GREAT
Same old set up as for a normal vivi nova. Clean and fill, leave for 10 mins then vape away. I don't get on with vivi novas myself, I find the flavour is muted and often I get a burned silica taste for no obvious reason... The vivi nova included with the vpro is exactly the same... I appreciate that many people hold novas in high regard but they aren't my cup of tea. I had two tanks through this one before replacing it with my iclear 30s at 2.8ohm with vaping king mdv66 and black bull juice. I usually vape around 8w with this setup on my vamo; at 8w on the Vpro this feels similar if perhaps a little stronger...

The vpro offers the usual battery voltage checker, ohms checker, button lock (standby), voltage adjustment and wattage adjustment. All accessed through a single button menu system. Three quick button presses accesses the menu, a further button press will cycle through the options until you find the one you want, a brief pause and the option is selected. For the voltage up and wattage up selections a further button press will raise the selected item by one increment (0.1V or 1W) until the maximum is displayed then it will cycle back to the lowest and so on. Voltage range is: 3.0 to 6.0v and wattage is: 4-20w (yes 20w!! which all but set fire to a cartomiser i tried it on!)To set the volt/watt you wish, scroll through to the desired number, then pause until the screen goes blank. When vaping the power/voltage output is displayed in the screen.

Now...

All seems rosy, but... There are a couple of issues...

Cons:
The first and by far the biggest is an intermittent short circuit fault - there is no short circuit, just an F2 warning on the screen. This happens after a long draw and rendered the device unusable for 3 or 4 seconds before returning to normal service. I have spoken to Raul and he assures me this will be sorted out before full production.

There is a gap of around .75mm between the bottom of the supplied atomiser and the top of the device... No biggie but I know that would bug some people.

As the battery voltage gets low a few funny things happen... Losing settings and an odd screeching noise. A fresh cell cured it but that happened before the low volt cut off did its job.

In short the Vpro is a great device with a couple of niggles that should be easy to fix before release. It comes as a complete kit with battery and integrated charger so is a great first step into the mod world and a nice good quality mod for the more experienced vaper too.

I have been told the RRP is planned to be:
£99.99 for the complete kit
£64.99 for the mod only

Device: 9/10 - based on the F2 fault being cured.
Clearo: 5/10 - no leaks and good vapour but low flavour.

Feel free to ask any questions...

All the best and happy vaping!!!
Mike

I got this in the post as well, I found the vivi nova to perform well, exceeding what I would normally expect from one, I'll upload my video on it in the next few days :-)

I got this in the post as well, I found the vivi nova to perform well, exceeding what I would normally expect from one, I'll upload my video on it in the next few days :-)

Inconsistency or me being a bit of a noob, ill give it a clean out and some different juice and see how it goes...

Back
Top Bottom