What's new

Rise in blood clots forces vaccine chiefs to ponder alternative to AstraZeneca for under-40s

Absolutely it's an added risk but compared to the risks of covid it's really very small.
There are other things in play as well, for some women, those on a course of fertility treatment, trying to conceive etc, it's playing havoc with their mental and physical health, and we don't yet know about how men might be affected, in these matters. This is a big subject, that's not yet been widely discussed, unless like me, you go looking for it. All of my three daughters have had issues around conception, hence my more focused interest.

Some years ago a chap died whilst taking a bath, he decided to change the light bulb :hmm:

I wonder if there's (or if there will ever be) a maximum acceptable figure for how many people can die, as a direct result of the jab, for the deaths to no longer be dismissed as collateral damage, for the better good, it's coincidental, it's unproven, there is no evidence, it's less risky than eating marmite on toast (you might choke), blah blah.

Don't worry though, the vaccine is safe...

View attachment 245620

Context is everything. I can't tell from that image but lots of people die every singe day, every single hour. Did those people die because of the vaccine or did they simply die after being vaccinated because that's a very big difference?

There are other things in play as well, for some women, those on a course of fertility treatment, trying to conceive etc, it's playing havoc with their mental and physical health, and we don't yet know about how men might be affected, in these matters. This is a big subject, that's not yet been widely discussed, unless like me, you go looking for it. All of my three daughters have had issues around conception, hence my more focused interest.
Of course, it's a huge subject. And whilst infections are sky high at 60 or 70 thousand a day with several hundred or even thousands of deaths a day the risks of covid for these people are far greater than any risk posed by the vaccine. As infections go down the balance of risk shifts. That's exactly why under 30's are now offered an alternative. As I said, decisions, IMHO, should be weighted and informed. People with complex needs should be informing themselves and if necessary consultating their medical professionals. People are ultimately responsible for their own wellbeing. But in the circumstances of a pandemic it's about weighing up the balance of your own wellbeing and the wellbeing of others too.

Nobody ever said these were easy decisions for everyone to make.

Some years ago a chap died whilst taking a bath, he decided to change the light bulb :hmm:

I wonder if there's (or if there will ever be) a maximum acceptable figure for how many people can die, as a direct result of the jab, for the deaths to no longer be dismissed as collateral damage, for the better good, it's coincidental, it's unproven, there is no evidence, it's less risky than eating marmite on toast (you might choke), blah blah.

Don't worry though, the vaccine is safe...

View attachment 245620
if u knew u were gonna be the one who died from the shot, how many ppl being saved would it take for u to go thru with it.

Maybe the 1 in 17,000 chance of dying in a car crash annually is more relevant since we all travel by car routinely. 1 in 229 in lifetime odds. THAT is shocking!

I think it's simply pointing out the odds are miniscule and just as you're extremely unlikely to die from being hit by a plane
Well, i mean, if u really sit back n think about it, if u took over 200 ppl, i would expect at least 1 of them to die in some sort of car accident in my (or their) lifetime, not sure how that could possibly b measured accurately tho.

Im just still kind of chuckling about that one guy who is running around getting hit by planes so the rest of us can b spared

Measure the difference between. dying from the Jab or dying from Covid if you where to become infected. You can't always know if you are or have been infected. So base it on how many have died from Covid and how many survive against how many have died from side effects caused by covid jabs against how many lives have been saved by the Jab.
It is obvious the jabs are protecting people, thankfully more folks did follow the lockdown rules, but infections are still around showing some folk ignored the lockdown.
The choice to have a jab is ultimately your own, but it will be of more benefit for most, it will eventually open up things for you if a passport is rolled out. Employers might not employ unprotected people.
This may sound wrong but consider how long you would suffer if you caught and died from Covid. It would be far longer than death from Vaccine side effects. Both are not nice to imagine but i guess health proffesionals would say death from covid is one of the most traumatic they have seen.

Employers might not employ unprotected people.
So all the rules have changed with this virus then? People who have had covid are no longer considered to have antibodies, it's no longer considered that herd immunity is or will be a thing? Approved people will be only those who have the mandated amount of jabs, booster jabs plus any other "new variant threat" jabs, ongoing, year in year out, according to the diktat of those in power and with authority. Everyone else is classed as unprotected and therefore an unapproved person, we will certainly be going back in time, Eastern Bloc style.

So all the rules have changed with this virus then? People who have had covid are no longer considered to have antibodies, it's no longer considered that herd immunity is or will be a thing? Approved people will be only those who have the mandated amount of jabs, booster jabs plus any other "new variant threat" jabs, ongoing, year in year out, according to the diktat of those in power and with authority. Everyone else is classed as unprotected and therefore an unapproved person, we will certainly be going back in time, Eastern Bloc style.
Now u r starting to get it

Back
Top Bottom