What's new

Salt Nics

Now, I only use 10ml, 10mg nic-salts when I’m using my backup pods, so I haven’t tried all the hundreds of flavors available out there :hmm:

That being said, I have enjoyed several of the Wick Liquor nic-salts like the Deja Voodoo, Contra, and Vanilla Sky ;) Not too sweet, and interesting flavors. Additionally, I’m planning on picking up some Five Pawns salts, they must be good; same for the Supergood mentioned above.

Just to mention it, I make my shortfills 6mg 50/50 salts to freebase, and try to buy 40ml/6mg shortfills like Manabush offers. This mix doesn’t ever gunk up my coils. However, the typical 10ml 10-20mg salts have a large percentage of both flavour concentrate and sweeteners, so gunk is the nature of the beast :22:
How do you make them 50/50 mate?

How do you make them 50/50 mate?
Well, the way I usually prepare a normal 50ml shortfill is not strictly possible in the UK, as I use a nic-salt shot first (which makes it approximately 3.5mg), and then take it up to 6mg with 100mg freebase.

However, if you purchase a shortfill made for 6mg, like Manabush and others sell, then it’s quite simple. Since the shortfill is 40ml in a 60ml bottle, you add one shot of 18-20mg nic-salts plus one shot of 18-20mg freebase nicotine, presto…6mg 50/50. Or take a normal shortfill and use half of each for 3mg :22:

Well, the way I usually prepare a normal 50ml shortfill is not strictly possible in the UK, as I use a nic-salt shot first (which makes it approximately 3.5mg), and then take it up to 6mg with 100mg freebase.

However, if you purchase a shortfill made for 6mg, like Manabush and others sell, then it’s quite simple. Since the shortfill is 40ml in a 60ml bottle, you add one shot of 18-20mg nic-salts plus one shot of 18-20mg freebase nicotine, presto…6mg 50/50. Or take a normal shortfill and use half of each for 3mg :22:
When you say a shot of freebase, what are you referring to? Sorry I've never messed about with my liquids always just brought as it. But I guess what your saying is add a shot of 10ml 100 VG to a 70 30 blend which will make it 50/50. Is that right?

When you say a shot of freebase, what are you referring to? Sorry I've never messed about with my liquids always just brought as it. But I guess what your saying is add a shot of 10ml 100 VG to a 70 30 blend which will make it 50/50. Is that right?
Apologies, mate, used the jargon without explaining enough :56:

First, I was NOT referring to the vg/pg ratio. There are two general types of nicotine available. The two types are: freebase nicotine and nicotine-salts. I won’t go too much into the differences between the two, but freebase nicotine is what’s being referred to if nic-salts aren’t specifically mentioned. Freebase nicotine is rather caustic, while nic-salts are mixed (usually) with boric acid to balance it and reduce the throat hit. Therefore you see 20mg nic-salts, and never 20mg freebase, because 20mg freebase will rip your throat out ;)

There are other differences, in addition to the throat hit. Nic-salts enter the bloodstream quicker, and they really don’t steep very well (steeping is allowing the added nicotine time to mix thoroughly with the shortfill or diy mix). Some vapers really dislike nic-salts for various reasons :22:

I’ve never been a big fan of throat hit, but as an mtl vaper, I like my nicotine between 6-8mg, which can be a bit harsh. I find that a 50/50 mix of freebase nicotine and nic-salts is perfect for both steeping and my throat hit :D

Was any of that helpful? :18:

Apologies, mate, used the jargon without explaining enough :56:

First, I was NOT referring to the vg/pg ratio. There are two general types of nicotine available. The two types are: freebase nicotine and nicotine-salts. I won’t go too much into the differences between the two, but freebase nicotine is what’s being referred to if nic-salts aren’t specifically mentioned. Freebase nicotine is rather caustic, while nic-salts are mixed (usually) with boric acid to balance it and reduce the throat hit. Therefore you see 20mg nic-salts, and never 20mg freebase, because 20mg freebase will rip your throat out ;)

There are other differences, in addition to the throat hit. Nic-salts enter the bloodstream quicker, and they really don’t steep very well (steeping is allowing the added nicotine time to mix thoroughly with the shortfill or diy mix). Some vapers really dislike nic-salts for various reasons :22:

I’ve never been a big fan of throat hit, but as an mtl vaper, I like my nicotine between 6-8mg, which can be a bit harsh. I find that a 50/50 mix of freebase nicotine and nic-salts is perfect for both steeping and my throat hit :D

Was any of that helpful? :18:
Haha thanks for the lesson bud makes sense. It was very helpful mich appreciated.

My question was more on the ratio side of things if I brought a 50ml shortfill 70/30 how many shots and of what type would I need to make it 50/50 I think 6mg freebase is a good hit and would probably like it to be around there?

The explanation of freebase/salts was spot on as I don't really want to be waiting so if salts don't steep quick that's out of the question.

Haha thanks for the lesson bud makes sense. It was very helpful mich appreciated.

My question was more on the ratio side of things if I brought a 50ml shortfill 70/30 how many shots and of what type would I need to make it 50/50 I think 6mg freebase is a good hit and would probably like it to be around there?

The explanation of freebase/salts was spot on as I don't really want to be waiting so if salts don't steep quick that's out of the question.
There are a lot of opinions on steeping, and steep time is not only longer with nic-salts, but it also rather dependent on the type of flavor, as well. Custards and complex flavors often take a while longer than fruit juices f ex :22:There are quite a few threads on the Forum regarding steeping, and they’re just a quick search away ;)

Generally, I purchase 50/50 vg/pg juices, as they work (and taste) considerably better in my mtl setups :) Others can confirm this, but if I remember correctly, the addition of a 50/50 vg/pg nic shot to a 70/30 vg/pg juice only makes it 67/33 vg/pg. So not much difference… :hmm:

There are a lot of opinions on steeping, and steep time is not only longer with nic-salts, but it also rather dependent on the type of flavor, as well. Custards and complex flavors often take a while longer than fruit juices f ex
<— and with pure nic salt often dont steep at all

There are a lot of opinions on steeping, and steep time is not only longer with nic-salts, but it also rather dependent on the type of flavor, as well. Custards and complex flavors often take a while longer than fruit juices f ex :22:There are quite a few threads on the Forum regarding steeping, and they’re just a quick search away ;)

Generally, I purchase 50/50 vg/pg juices, as they work (and taste) considerably better in my mtl setups :) Others can confirm this, but if I remember correctly, the addition of a 50/50 vg/pg nic shot to a 70/30 vg/pg juice only makes it 67/33 vg/pg. So not much difference… :hmm:
What good 50/50 shortfills can you recommend all the ones I seem to find look like knock off brands I would never touch.

First, there are quite a few 50/50 vg/pg juices out there, and of course, some are better than others (often reflected in the price). My juice preferences do not lean towards very sweet juices, I prefer tobacco based juices, NETs, and other complex juices. I don’t know what compares to Riot Squad, as I’ve never tried them. :11:

Take a look At Manabush’s website, https://manabush.com/ , and there you’ll find a wide range of 50/50 juices, and I can wholeheartedly recommend their own juices, as well as Five Pawns f ex. They’re not too expensive (unless you get the Castle Long Reserve, which I love) and there’s a 12% potv discount :2thumbsup:

And if you’re really nice to him, @ZT may be able to help you choose some flavors to try :worship:

I am using Nic Salts and atm it's the Riot ones. The ones i have are Hybrid Nic Salts. Now don't ask me what Hybrid Nic Salts are and what makes them different because my Son asked me on the phone and i had to be honest and say i didn't have a fooking clue. One thing i will say about Riot Hybrid is my Coils are lasting very well. Take a look at this site :- VAPED4U • Shop online for E-Liquids, Kits, Tanks, Mods and More!. They have some cracking offers on atm. I will definitely be buying some more. 10 x 10ml Salts for a £5er, Have It.

Back
Top Bottom