What's new

series / parallel

deadlydad

Achiever
I was tempted to buy a noisy cricket then seen the cherry bomber switch box and thought that would be a better option as if I did not like series then I could just leave it on parallel. I have tried a good few coil combinations now, parallel single, dual micros, single clapton, all ohming out around 0.6 - 0.9 and yet I still have not found a coil which is a decent vape on parallel and vapeable on series. Any apes got one of these mods? Any ideas? I am using a Seminole G24 clone on it for now.

Anything which vapes nicely in series will be weak in parallel. You might want to get one of the new Noisy Cricket II-25s as that will do both and you can turn it down when it's in series and use a fixed voltage... I wouldn't get that Cherry Bomber Switchable if I were you though - not heard anything good about it.

Anything which vapes nicely in series will be weak in parallel. You might want to get one of the new Noisy Cricket II-25s as that will do both and you can turn it down when it's in series and use a fixed voltage... I wouldn't get that Cherry Bomber Switchable if I were you though - not heard anything good about it.

Too late Jsixtysix, I've gone and done it, and you're right, there is no coil set up I can find that will be better than pish weak in parallel and vapable in series. That is why I bought it. Now I have tried series and found it too hot for me, I can just use it as a parallel box and enjoy it. The Noisy Cricket would have been a waste of money for me.

Single big clapton above 0.6Ω [eg. between velocity-style posts] makes a nice series vape - not too hot, imo anyway...

I was just about to say about the NC2! Yeah you need a nice big airflow to keep it cool on a series if thats what you're after! My tugboat, although probably the best flavour, gives out a pretty hot vape, which I now actually enjoy!
To compare when I put it onto my minikin from the NC to take out with me one night I had it up at 115w to try and get a similar ramp/flavour. Series is very very fast to heat, shorter faster draws required .

Back
Top Bottom