What's new

Show off your favorite devices for MTL setups

Maybe not the same but the principals of coiling to achieve the wattage you like are similar.

Maybe not the same but the principals of coiling to achieve the wattage you like are similar.
Would there be much difference to how I coil now? Bit ignorant of this really. Usually cooling at .8-.9 ohms. Sometimes 1ohm

Would there be much difference to how I coil now? Bit ignorant of this really. Usually cooling at .8-.9 ohms. Sometimes 1ohm

That’s about where I am with the squeeze. I think, I don’t ever check. A similar coil in the bb would be at about 13w these days. Sometimes I build a bit lower and go as high as 15. When I’m really feeling a bit wild, you know?

0.8 @4.2v will draw 5.25A and kick out 22W
1.0 @ 4.2v will draw 4.2A and kick out 17.6W

These numbers don't take voltage drop into the equation so the numbers will be slightly down, but it demonstrates how the higher the ohms, the less current and lower Wattage is pushed out. It's all a juggling act of heat v battery longevity as a 18350 is 10A max while a 18650 can go up to 25A

Another photo of this, just because it’s excellent. Why did nobody tell me about this before?

image.jpg

0.8 @4.2v will draw 5.25A and kick out 22W
1.0 @ 4.2v will draw 4.2A and kick out 17.6W

These numbers don't take voltage drop into the equation so the numbers will be slightly down, but it demonstrates how the higher the ohms, the less current and lower Wattage is pushed out. It's all a juggling act of heat v battery longevity as a 18350 is 10A max while a 18650 can go up to 25A
Thank you. That makes sense as it’s been hotter in bypass than normal and I was thinking I’d need to go an extra wrap or two.

I’ve been hovering over the buy button for almost a week now

Bear in mind with mtl chambers you're kinda restricted for space, so you might need to play with wire gauges to get to the sweet spot :D

I generally use 28awg kanthal and aim for 1.2-1.4 ohms to hit around my preferred 14W zone when I'm meching :)

I generally use 28awg kanthal and aim for 1.2-1.4 ohms to hit around my preferred 14W zone when I'm meching :)
Yeah I’m using micro Clapton’s mostly so plenty of room to add a wrap or two :)

Got all the way to the pal pal screen and bottled it. Bit pricey for a metal tube and as I can no longer drink I can’t get tipsy and buy it. Damn my sensible head!

Back
Top Bottom