What's new

showcasing "Dibnah" a single brass alloy carbon fibre stainless 18650 mod

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
this came about after a video by my chum @Jon The Vape posted on my group about fred dibnah.

“We've become a nation of con men, living by selling double glazing to each other.” -- Fred Dibnah. ..

I like Fred, sadly he passed away he loved all things traditional and I can relate to him, my father had an engineering factory so from the age of 14 I started going there after school in the years that followed I was taught to use every machine tool there was from millers to surface grinders when I was older I wanted to be a gunsmith rather than a toolmaker but I became a jeweller instead murmuring down the factory as I still went there "not his father's son". the truth was I couldn't work with my dad I saw the future of CNC rather than capstan lathes even though dad had cnc he wasn't fully there, he's still alive at 92 but I think he never forgave me and at the moment he's very ill, he has weeks to live. I've stepped back from the situation for the moment as its very fraught. he was born into the war years brought up in the world of poverty, he has a gift he gave to me, I only wish I could have known him better.......

alfIMG_3597.jpeg

brass tube 510

alfIMG_3623.jpeg

so I've cut some tube for the switch

alfIMG_3626.jpeg

this is carbon fibre the real stuff, not blue peter sticky back plastic

alfIMG_3624.jpeg

I've milled down for the tubes in the brass

alfIMG_3625.jpeg

the first mockup I want this to look steam engine not steampunk the cables from the battery will be encased in leather

alfIMG_3638.jpeg

I'm having a sort out in the workshop and got last week a new cabinet to put my milling bits in etc after a quick tidy up have cleared a lathe and miller and its half full already the expression "your gonna need a bigger boat" has come apparent

so add the bits

alfIMG_3654.jpg
alfIMG_3652.JPG
alfIMG_3651.JPG
alfIMG_3650.JPG

in the paw in the "shop"

its a clickfet fully working hits like a steam hammer is it for sale, it's sitting about here so I guess it is

love my mods then like them buy one

Love this.

I always love all your stuff but this one just ticks all my boxes. Epic.

Very nice Stu and very different to your usual style of mods and a great tribute to the great man :2thumbsup:

I recon Brunel would admire and appreciate this one, even put his cigar down to give it ago with a tank of Manabush.

Last edited:
An amazing tribute, Stu, and an utterly stunning piece of engineering art! :)2

Back
Top Bottom