What's new

Review Sigelei 75w Temp Limiting First Impressions

I'm not sure if it was common knowledge but I am surprised by the usb, I didn't think it would have one or do charging. Will the 150w temperature control have one I wonder. I kinda hope so, not for charging but for potential software updates.

I'm not sure if it was common knowledge but I am surprised by the usb, I didn't think it would have one or do charging. Will the 150w temperature control have one I wonder. I kinda hope so, not for charging but for potential software updates.
The Sig 50w v2 had USB charge.

Good first look Doormandean :) Pity about the atties not sitting flush though.

The Sig 50w v2 had USB charge.

Good first look Doormandean :) Pity about the atties not sitting flush though.

Seems like a design flaw - unless they're expecting everyone to use a Kanger Nano ;)

The gap, itself, doesn't bother me - I deliberately leave a gap on my Zero (adjustable pin) to avoid ring marking the top of the mod - but the fact that most atomisers will sit on the side panels could be problematic, by marking them and making them difficult to remove, and [ii] by transferring heat from the atomiser to the sides?

Seems a bit daft when a couple of mm more width to the centre section would have avoided any issues at all.

Great review and nice to finally see a review out on this device. It's been a long long long long wait!!!
Hoping to pick mine up on Saturday from the vale expo at the NEC
who else is excited for this device?

Thanks guys!

I'm still a big fan of this device, and 36 hours on it does a great job. I'm going to go more in depth in a week or two, however I wanted to get something out sharpish! This has been one of those mods that has seemed to take forever to get out there and if there was anything horrifically wrong with it, people should know sooner rather than later.

Couple more points to add so far though -

- because the rda is sat on the sides, it does transfer heat to them pretty quick, and somehow I'm pretty sure the actual fire button gets hot under chain vaping. At this point, I don't know if it's to do with heat transference from the sides or direct from the board - the latter is unlikely, but I will be breaking the unit down for a good old look-see in the follow up.

- Battery life - this is no real shocker, but if you're running at 50w + in temp or 'POWER' mode, you'll either need to take a spare battery with you to work or the USB cable. While it's a pain, it's understandable that 1 little 18650 isn't going to be the source of never-ending energy LOL

Those aside, it's still a great, chunky, and useable mod, in temp mode the SX350J or M class does beat it slightly with initial power and ramp up, but once the first drag is out the way, it performs well - and at a third of the price nearly, I can cope with that

I really liked the look of this but 1 x 18650 was a deal killer for me.

Im holding out for the 150TC.

Back
Top Bottom