What's new

So. Batteries.

Dazza

Initiate
Well it seems that the rumours of VTC4's and 5's being discontinued are increasingly likely to be true :(
With this very possibly being the case, has anyone come up with a genuine replacement? I've got some of the purple effest 35amp 18650's but they just don't stack up quite as well as the VTC5's (and indeed 4's) I have.
So, has anyone tired or heard of a battery that will be the new VTC?

ordered a couple last night of the bay ..essex vapers ..£15.50 ..is that about right ?

That certainly does sound about right mate as I seen that Torchy has them for £15 a pair though I'm not the right guy to ask about buying batteries from Ebay, I usually only buy from 1 or 2 select vendors so I don't know much about others.

+1 For the Samsung batteries! I was recommended these by the Apes on here and I am not disappointed!

Mine came from Ecolux (ebay) for £14.90 and they came next day. Fantastic service

well i dont like to rubbish a vendor ,but i just recieved mine and they bear little resemblance to the ebay listing "apart from the colour !" the things that hit my mat today have a silver sticker on the side saying

"IMR 18650 2500mAH 3.7V
+ MADE IN CHINA -"

needless to say i have messaged them telling them they are not as advertised and i want to return them ..not happy bunny :banghead:

FFS ..EDIT ....AM EATING MY WORDS .VENDOR TOLD ME TO PEEL OFF THE STICKER AND ALL IS REVEALED :D

Feel Like A Right Chunt lol

Last edited:
Is there any one who actually has genuine VCT5 batteries still? As i can get VCT4's from a local shop as i have 2 already and ordered 2 purple efests but id rather stick to sony if possible

@JingleJangle i doubt you would get genuine "whatever that means" vtc5`s anymore ..apparently they were never made to be sold ,,only to be supplied with certain electrical goods i dunno maybe cordless phones or something .well apparently Sony hit the roof when they found out they were being sold as a separate entity and promptly withdrew them ..this may all be hearsay but its what i`ve heard..supposedly any vtc5 for sale now might be clone /forgery /homage /rewrap whatever you wanna call it..

nicked this from another forum

Dear customer, thank you for your inquiry.
The 18650 type batteries are no longer manufactured by Sony.
This product was never intended for individual, public sale and are not eligible for warranty or engineering support.
It was only available to OEM makers of specific devices.
The specifications and markings on the battery may vary depending upon the OEM’s requirements. Therefore, it is difficult to determine the true manufacturer or authenticity of the batteries without physical inspection and manufacturing code research.
This type of battery is widely available on the internet market through non-authorized resellers.
Therefore, Sony is not liable for the performance or use of this type battery for non-intended purposes.
Such applications should be done at the user’s own risk.
Furthermore, any battery of this type claimed to be Sony brand may be older stock.
We apologize that we cannot offer further assistance with this matter.
Sincerely,
Media Services by Sony

Last edited:
Is there any one who actually has genuine VCT5 batteries still? As i can get VCT4's from a local shop as i have 2 already and ordered 2 purple efests but id rather stick to sony if possible

From what I heard (which might well not be true), the Sony VTC range will definitely be back, it's just that one of their manufacturing plants took a pounding in the 2011 earthquake that Japan suffered. Apparently it was the plant that made VTCs, and it's only now that they've built a new facility and cell manufacture will resume.

Again, take that with a pinch of salt.

I've said it a few times now, but I'm converted to the Samsung IMR 18650 25Rs. I was a huge VTC5 fan but because of the dry spell I bought some. I'm really impressed. They pack a great punch right until it's time to recharge them; so much so it's difficult to sense when they're getting down to around 3.5V. I managed to let one get down to 2.9V last week without noticing it was time to recharge.

I've also heard a lot of great things about the LG 18650HE2 cell too. Between these and the 25Rs, I think Sony have some serious competition on their hands.

From what I heard (which might well not be true), the Sony VTC range will definitely be back, it's just that one of their manufacturing plants took a pounding in the 2011 earthquake that Japan suffered. Apparently it was the plant that made VTCs, and it's only now that they've built a new facility and cell manufacture will resume.

Again, take that with a pinch of salt.

I've said it a few times now, but I'm converted to the Samsung IMR 18650 25Rs. I was a huge VTC5 fan but because of the dry spell I bought some. I'm really impressed. They pack a great punch right until it's time to recharge them; so much so it's difficult to sense when they're getting down to around 3.5V. I managed to let one get down to 2.9V last week without noticing it was time to recharge.

I've also heard a lot of great things about the LG 18650HE2 cell too. Between these and the 25Rs, I think Sony have some serious competition on their hands.

i`m running the lg 18650 he2 on my akuma/ tobh sub ohm dripper and it gives me cracking service got some efest purple 18350 for mod running 1ish ohm kayfuns ,only reason i ordered some samsung inr 25r is i got a hana 30 on the wing from the chinese takeaway ..and have been recommended the sammies

Back
Top Bottom