What's new

so what's up with kanthal ?

Chainvaper

I've tried some stainless with kanthal coils in my rta's and I cannot for the life of me keep using them . I keep getting that horrible horrendous metallic burnt taste from them . I cannot enjoy vaping with them and I don't know how anyone else does either ? The demon killer alien v2 were the worst coils I've ever tasted . So now I only vape with ni80 stainless . Also who makes full stainless steel coils for rta's?

I don’t like kanthal either I find it creates a flavour, metallic like you say, that’s not there with stainless or ni80. Horrible stuff.

Is it fancy coils you’re after? Why not try some of the flat ni80 wire? A lot of people rave about it. I have some in a dripper I use to puff cbd, it works very well and easy to use.

Funny. Traditionally it's nichrome that most folk can taste most.
Never really had an issue myself.

I don’t like kanthal either I find it creates a flavour, metallic like you say, that’s not there with stainless or ni80. Horrible stuff.

Is it fancy coils you’re after? Why not try some of the flat ni80 wire? A lot of people rave about it. I have some in a dripper I use to puff cbd, it works very well and easy to use.
It tastes like pure poison . And if you increase the wattage oh my Lord. I've only tried it on dual coil setups so my ohms are at .17 so depends like if you take short quick puff it's not so bad but still noticeable but damn if you keep holding that button for a nice long pull forget it , even on lower wattage I havnt been happy with long pulls . Ni80 is ok with me . I'm going to try the full stainless soon.

I get the metallic taste which I cant stand from SS. Kanth I'm fine with. All different I guess.

I'm using kanthal mesh at the mo, can't say I've noticed a metallic taste, just a burnt one when I push it too hard.

Funny. Traditionally it's nichrome that most folk can taste most.
Never really had an issue myself.
Probably down to how an individuals taste buds work.
I’m the same as the OP. I get a twang off kanthan I don’t get off ni80 - but know other stuff the other way around

I've tried some stainless with kanthal coils in my rta's and I cannot for the life of me keep using them . I keep getting that horrible horrendous metallic burnt taste from them . I cannot enjoy vaping with them and I don't know how anyone else does either ? The demon killer alien v2 were the worst coils I've ever tasted . So now I only vape with ni80 stainless . Also who makes full stainless steel coils for rta's?
It's all about the prep.
First I dry fire it. Then I wet fire it without wicking (hold at arm's length, there will be flames). Then I clean it. Then I dry fire it again.

Back
Top Bottom