What's new

so what's up with kanthal ?

Experiences must vary, i've never had anything but great vapes from Kanthal. Clapton(Kanthal) wire(vs the simple rounded wire) was more problematic and i did have some funny tasting vapes on the first few builds, but that was on me for not prepping and dry burning the coil enough, and secondly not driving it with enough watts(those things need some serious power to drive), beside that, no weird tastes for me.

I have a variation on it. The ASV2 tastes metallic with N80 but no other tanks do, and it's OK with SS.

Kanthal: one wire to rule them all and in the darkness bind them.

Favourite wire atmo is NiFe30, followed by Ni80, SS then Kanthal

I use stainless steel and hate kanthal. I buy my ss coils from advanced vape supply in the US and they are great

I have the same coils and they are not great at all, but if I use my own kanthal only fused claptons, I have found that the flavour is superb.i

@greenbrucelee
yes same one and some of their staple fused claptons which also have kanthal and SS316 mix, I just put it down to personal taste, when I first started building my own I was having a nightmare time using SS316 until I tried some stealth vape kanthal and that was a huge difference in taste for me. I had tried other kanthals and SS316 and didn't get on with them. I keep meaning to buy some SS316 from stealthvape and try some of my own fused claptons with SS316.

I don't particularly like Ni80 either its not bad but its not quite there for me, but its always good to experiment and mix it up a bit.

@greenbrucelee
yes same one and some of their staple fused claptons which also have kanthal and SS316 mix, I just put it down to personal taste, when I first started building my own I was having a nightmare time using SS316 until I tried some stealth vape kanthal and that was a huge difference in taste for me. I had tried other kanthals and SS316 and didn't get on with them. I keep meaning to buy some SS316 from stealthvape and try some of my own fused claptons with SS316.

I don't particularly like Ni80 either its not bad but its not quite there for me, but its always good to experiment and mix it up a bit.

Weird. I've never had an issue with their coils. The Tri core aliens are great. I've tried ni200 and hated it. Have never tried titanium.

Weird. I've never had an issue with their coils. The Tri core aliens are great. I've tried ni200 and hated it. Have never tried titanium.
Ti is IMO a massive PITA .......... its very suspicous I always felt is was sitting there quietly biding its time waiting to do me harm....... a bit like a cat i guess

Back
Top Bottom