What's new

Squonk Check

20200418_173555_cr.jpg

I've a purple one, which I bought to replace the purple one that I broke. Cost me $15 from Fasttech. Great little deal, that was [emoji1303]
I figure you're in the UK somewhere. I can tell by your "accent." :D

I wish we had bumped into each other about the Ram sooner. We had a couple places practically giving them away over here in the states a few months ago.

I paid 15 usd for the green one like a year and a half ago.

The Blue one cost me 10 and the black, the "stable wood" (which is pretty close to black) and the purple cost me 4 dollars usd each.

I'm not trying to rub it in my friend. I wish this conversation were happening like 4 months ago. Even with international shipping you could have gotten a couple more for peanuts.

I love the thing. An underrated tiny lil mechanical squonk box.

I have a RAM too, blue and pearlescent white. It's a nice squonker but with a few quirks (at least mine does). The battery ribbon is clamped right next to where the squonk tube attaches, and juice seems to gradually leech into the ribbon and thus around the battery.

I'm not a big fan of the wire soldered to the back of the positive connector, that worries me as the constant movement of that pin will be putting stress on that solder joint.

That internal divider with the magnet also precludes the use of a lot of popular squonk bottles as they are too tall to fit, but luckily the Coilmaster silicone squonk bottles fit in nicely.

It's kind of medium sized, as single 18650 mech squonkers go. I have 4 smaller squonk mechs, but quite a few larger unregulated and regulated.

But all in all its a decent enough squonker, especially for the orice.

The battery ribbon is clamped right next to where the squonk tube attaches, and juice seems to gradually leech into the ribbon and thus around the battery.
I've never had this issue with juice, but I do wish that the ribbon didn't go right over the magnet if you loop it straight over and back :D
I'm not a big fan of the wire soldered to the back of the positive connector, that worries me as the constant movement of that pin will be putting stress on that solder joint.
I've been using my green one for a long time with no sign of this, though that that thought did cross my mind at first too. i don't think it moves enough or has enough tension on it for this to happen. I don't know how closely you've looked behind there, but the wire is soldered onto a tab on a ring. It's pretty solid. If it were just soldered onto the round button barrel it might be weaker.
That internal divider with the magnet also precludes the use of a lot of popular squonk bottles as they are too tall to fit, but luckily the Coilmaster silicone squonk bottles fit in nicely.
I bought like 20 of those KP bottles a while back :)
It's kind of medium sized, as single 18650 mech squonkers go. I have 4 smaller squonk mechs, but quite a few larger unregulated and regulated.
The Geekvape Athena is smaller, but wider.
20200303_220217_cr.jpg

I figure you're in the UK somewhere. I can tell by your "accent." :D

I wish we had bumped into each other about the Ram sooner. We had a couple places practically giving them away over here in the states a few months ago.

I paid 15 usd for the green one like a year and a half ago.

The Blue one cost me 10 and the black, the "stable wood" (which is pretty close to black) and the purple cost me 4 dollars usd each.

I'm not trying to rub it in my friend. I wish this conversation were happening like 4 months ago. Even with international shipping you could have gotten a couple more for peanuts.

I love the thing. An underrated tiny lil mechanical squonk box.
There was an actual wood one too but they were always out of stock. Probably never see one for sale again though as it's now an old product.

Back
Top Bottom