What's new

Stainless steel coils, wicking and Tc

For a KF5 look at an ID of 2.5mm, resistance of 0.5 for power or 0.3 to 0.4 for TC, wicking should be just enough to start feeling the cotton pull at the coil as it goes through but not so much that it actually starts to pul it out of shape and the tails should just touch the bottoms of the juice wells and not block the flow holes. That should get you a good solid vape without flooding or dryness.

Would you recommend a spaced coil?

Would you recommend a spaced coil?
if you're thinking of using it in TC then slightly spaced would be good - but mostly if you wrap the coil then fit it, fire to get it glowing very slightly then use the jig / mandrel to pull the coil tight again, readjust it to fit correctly over the airhole and fire again to check its even - that will normally be spaced enough for TC, if it doesnt glow evenly the try running the tip of a screwdriver or other pointy thing across the top of the coil to even it out...

if you're thinking of using it in TC then slightly spaced would be good - but mostly if you wrap the coil then fit it, fire to get it glowing very slightly then use the jig / mandrel to pull the coil tight again, readjust it to fit correctly over the airhole and fire again to check its even - that will normally be spaced enough for TC, if it doesnt glow evenly the try running the tip of a screwdriver or other pointy thing across the top of the coil to even it out...

Still not nailing this. 2.5mm id, 26awg, 5 wraps very slightly spaced. Coil comes out at 0.38. Cotton cut to just touch the deck and fluffed out with a slight tug when you try and pull it through. Maybe TC/Ss just isn't for me.

Still not nailing this. 2.5mm id, 26awg, 5 wraps very slightly spaced. Coil comes out at 0.38. Cotton cut to just touch the deck and fluffed out with a slight tug when you try and pull it through. Maybe TC/Ss just isn't for me.
What's the issue you're having? cold weak vape, burning?, dry hits?

What Degrees / Farenheit have you set it to?

cheers

Gaz

I've been fiddling about with it. So anywhere from 15 watts up to 22 watts and then from 195 degrees up to 220. I don't dare increase it

I've been fiddling about with it. So anywhere from 15 watts up to 22 watts and then from 195 degrees up to 220. I don't dare increase it

I never mess around with the watts, I run mine at 30w TC and I vape in wattage at around 10w, you want enough power to reach the temp you have it set at or it's kind of pointless as if you take a short pull it won't even get there, you you'll essentially be vaping in wattage.

that's 195 - 220 C right?

I never mess around with the watts, I run mine at 30w TC and I vape in wattage at around 10w, you want enough power to reach the temp you have it set at or it's kind of pointless as if you take a short pull it won't even get there, you you'll essentially be vaping in wattage.

that's 195 - 220 C right?

Yeah, I've had a play about with the settings and it only seems to offer Celsius.

Back
Top Bottom