What's new

steep vs steep

time for a sober update :D
apologies for nearly fucking up the test lol

been testing all morning only the biscuit one as the choco one has a little bit to go yet i feel
and......we have a winner

thank for posting about this method guys it works the normal one is no where near ready fruits still overpowering the other flavors custards and creams no where near ready but......
the nicotine steeped one is tasty fruits on a perfect level with the rest of the flavors biscuits is near perfect custard is there and the cream is definitely there unlike the normal steeped version

this method is the way forward guys !!!!!!

i will be trying the chocolate vs chocolate steep next couple of days :)

Last edited:
After falling out with a juice I loved tonight i filled the dvarw DL up with one of the nic steeped and....
The method doesn't do strawberry justice for the ones I tested
Coco cream custards etc it works but,, vaping on the nic steeped one and time has awoken the strawberries hidden within its heavenly now and the other one is far too fruity but not as custardy creamy

I read all this and I'm none the wiser. Wasn't too wise in the first place neither. But...
If the steeping process is a product of the nicotine reacting with the flavour concentrates, how is it then, that many vendors sell short fills 'pre-steeped', requiring us to simply add a nic shot, shake and vape?
Not trying to pick holes in anybody's methodology or rationale...just genuinely interested.

I read all this and I'm none the wiser. Wasn't too wise in the first place neither. But...
If the steeping process is a product of the nicotine reacting with the flavour concentrates, how is it then, that many vendors sell short fills 'pre-steeped', requiring us to simply add a nic shot, shake and vape?
Not trying to pick holes in anybody's methodology or rationale...just genuinely interested.

Steep isn’t a very well defined or scientific term. If you want to mix flavours with vg, leave it for a week and call it steeped that’s ok. But myself and others have shown that there is definitely a relationship between nicotine and flavour concentrates in the process that’s referred to as steeping. @dahut posted an article on the formation of nicotyrine during this process, which also made a lot of sense.

Try it yourself and see. Mix the same amount of some custard concentrate in two bottles, one with plain vg and one with 72mg nic.

Last edited:
Or even mix up some creamy nuts one with vg and one with 72mg nic, and see the difference.

Steep isn’t a very well defined or scientific term. If you want to mix flavours with vg, leave it for a week and call it steeped that’s ok. But myself and others have shown that there is definitely a relationship between nicotine and flavour concentrates in the process that’s referred to as steeping. @dahut posted an article on the formation of nicotyrine during this process, which also made a lot of sense.

Try it yourself and see. Mix the same amount of some custard concentrate in two bottles, one with plain vg and one with 72mg nic.
I can't get hold of 72mg nic unfortunately, but I'll give it a bash with a nic shot. As I said, I'm not quibbling, and I don't doubt the results of your and others experiments. As you say, steeping is not a well defined or scientific term, so perhaps one person's 'steeped' is different to another's.
Personal experimentation is the only way forward methinks.
I do wonder though if perhaps 72mg nic would be much more conducive to the process due to it's higher concentration.
Bloody science.

Yep, 72mg makes the steep faster. I wonder if shortfill vendors sell prestreeped liquid because they know customers will prefer the idea of it? I would always say liquid needs nic to steep though. So I would resteep your presteeped shortfills if I was you.

Resteep your presteeped shortfill then add presteeped nicotine after resteeping it before adding steeped and presteeped resteeped flavour.
Once you have resteeped your presteeped steeped liquid steep a little more before resteeping.. by this time it will be out of date thus making it ready to be resteeped before vaping
But if you are using 72 mg follow zous instructions

Back
Top Bottom