What's new

sub coils ?

vespa

Postman
hi all, im using the xpro m80 with sub tank mini at moment and just wanted advice on kanthal awg, i will be re-coiling the origional coils to around 0.5 ohms so what kanthal do i use ? also use a plume veil and wanted info on temp control coils ?

thanks guys

hi all, im using the xpro m80 with sub tank mini at moment and just wanted advice on kanthal awg, i will be re-coiling the origional coils to around 0.5 ohms so what kanthal do i use ? also use a plume veil and wanted info on temp control coils ?

thanks guys

Never used temp control coils, but kanthals up to you it all depends on how many wraps you want if you want twisted wire i personally prefer 22 gauge but alot use 28, get yourself a ohms meter and play around with it abit

vespa
I think most sub ohm tank coil heads are made with 26gauge (0.4) I will check that for you, not sure what you will wrap it round but 2.5mm bit 4 wraps should get you 0.5ohms

I have a delta II just put in a 24AWG 7 wraps around a 2.5mm drill bit which came out at 0.5

@vespa
I think most sub ohm tank coil heads are made with 26gauge (0.4) I will check that for you, not sure what you will wrap it round but 2.5mm bit 4 wraps should get you 0.5ohms

yea sounds right to me, i have 28awg will order some 26 see how i go..... cheers guys :)

I also used 24awg for a dual coil build 7 wraps around 2.0mm mine metered at 0.2 there performing quite nicely in my magma at 30w

Back
Top Bottom