What's new

Switching from ceramic

VoodooMike

Hi all.

I've been vaping for many years, and I've been through all sorts of different kits, tanks and coils. I was constantly looking for something new that meant I didn't have to change coils every few days (I'm a bit of a chain vaper).

But all that stopped a few years ago when I finally found my sweet spot: Vaporesso NRG tank (5ml) with 0.5 GT Core CCell ceramic coils, sitting on a dual 18650 mod, running at 30W.

The flavour is OK (nothing special, but not bad and no taint) and the coil life is FANTASTIC - I've been happily running a coil for four weeks or more without having to change. When they "go" the flavour drops off quickly and they get leaky, but no burnt taste. The coils are easy to get - three for £8 is common.

And then I dropped it and broke the tank :( Not the glass - the metal top and bottom. I managed to patch it together (superglue has been used) but it's pretty much done.
Vaporesso don't make that tank any more. In fact, as far as I can tell they don't make any tank that takes the GT Core CCell coils any more. So I can't get a direct replacement. And I've been out of the gear game for long enough that I don't know what to go for next.

So, what do you advise, based on these requirements:

Longest coil life I can get (#1 priority!)
Mostly vaping fruit flavours
0.5 ohms at 30 to 40W seems to be my sweet spot
No pods (I already have a SMOK Nord pod, which is OK, but the battery doesn't last long enough and I'm happy charging and swapping batteries

Any advice would be gratefully accepted! Thanks.

This probably isn't what you want to hear, or particularly helpful, but...

Time to consider moving to a rebuildable tank. I can't see you getting a month of vaping out of any stock coil, probably a week is more achievable but much more than that is unlikely.

RTAs are a bit of a learning curve but worth it - once the coil cotton gets gunky and the flavour starts to fade just bin the cotton, glow the coil and dunk it in water a few times and the crud will just fall off. A single coil can be cleaned and re-used several times and a small tub of 10 coils or a 10 foot spool will easily last a year.

Not buying packs of coils means it will pay for itself and any associated tools - wire snips, screwdrivers or allen keys, coil winding jigs and pointy tweezers very quickly. Vaping sweet juices that gunk up coils won't be an issue as the cost of changing cotton after a quick clean up is practically nil and takes minutes once you get the hang of it.

Another plus will be the improved flavour. A really good stock coil tank can be comparable in flavour to an RTA - but the old ceramic coils aren't that.

Sorry bud, I'm sure there are newer mesh stock coil tanks that are as good as RTAs, but long term coil costs will be an issue.

Do you know if they replaced it with something else? Might be worth checking in with the manufacturer to see if that's the case. I assume you've exhausted the internet looking for one?

Similar position to you. Finally settled with a freemax mesh pro tank and the M2 series of coils. Heavy vaper. Two weeks generally vaping fruity flavours with an ice hit. There's the falcon tank too which I understand to be comparable and I believe there are a new series of coils out now since the M2 series were released

Back
Top Bottom