What's new

The variAnt at £600 is this the ultimate connoisseur kit ?

Lol, now I have genuine concerns that @VaperCaper is just perhaps deranged.

That being said, I have never crisped bacon in duck fat and now want to try it. I do make pancakes in my bacon fat though which is awesome.

You sir.. have never lived. You should rectify this omission in your bacon journey forthwith!

Hmm, I would think goose fat could be used as an acceptable alternative in this instance:grin2:

I have what probably looks to be the most unhealthy fridge ever. A pot of goose fat, Bacon fat and being a Yorkshireman a pot of beef dripping with black bits from the bottom of roast tins :) Bacon experiment will commence over the weekend.

goose fat is plenty good enough.

I love pulled pork (which I've been making and calling something else for years already, but I digress) take strips of pork belly sprinkle well with rock salt and leave for 24 hours

wash off salt and dry pork and then put in a roasting tray in the oven covered in duck fat, cook gently for 3-4 hours at about 120C

Also does a top job with bacon, a little bit of fat in frying pan then cook bacon in it till its that golden pinky bacon colour and crispy. Best bacon sandwiches ever. (keep the fat and reuse it many times)

goose fat is plenty good enough.

I love pulled pork (which I've been making and calling something else for years already, but I digress) take strips of pork belly sprinkle well with rock salt and leave for 24 hours

wash off salt and dry pork and then put in a roasting tray in the oven covered in duck fat, cook gently for 3-4 hours at about 120C

Also does a top job with bacon, a little bit of fat in frying pan then cook bacon in it till its that golden pinky bacon colour and crispy. Best bacon sandwiches ever. (keep the fat and reuse it many times)

I didn't know what pulled pork was until I sampled it a couple of months ago in Frankie & Bennies. Wow.. just wow. And their bacon cheesy chips.... fuck me!

After watching Todds weekly blog he has put up his for charity auction, check out what its upto, seems some folk must be vaping 100PGmeth.

Bonkers.

Ebay Link

Good odd Todd must have donated more than Rowling, not like I'm saying he may be a twat, far from it.

Back
Top Bottom