What's new

Tramadol nights

TheLiqidator

Achiever
What's the current situation with doctors?

I'm in to me 4th day of my knee being swollen out like a balloon and almost face planted trying to get to the toilet there. I cant put any weight on it without feeling like knife being twisted in my kneecap.

Are doctors doing physical appointments yet?

I've not done anything to cause it, it just came out of the blue and got worse overnight. I had similar with my ankle last year and went to the hospital. They gave me an xray for it because I was there but said as I hadn't injured it, I should have went to the doctors first and when I did it turned out to be cellulitis of the foot and a week of antibiotics sorted out. Otherwise, I'd be in a taxi to ane right now.

I've only had to contact the doctor once from lockdown started and it was a phone appointment, are they still doing that?

Haven't a clue, honestly. I'd try calling 111, they'll advise you what to do and will book you an appointment if urgent.

Face to face, depends on the practice, it's a lottery. Do you have a local "Walk in" centre? I know they closed loads of them, before covid. 111 would be useful, they can make an appointment for you, might even book you in at A&E for an xray, or fast track to an outpatient department.

I no mine and my wife's doctors are not doing any appointments at the moment cant even get a phone call appointment.

Have a look on n your Drs website, that will say what their current position is.

Generally it's triage by telephone / video call and IF needed then there's a face to face appointment.

Thanks all, managed to get to sleep for a bit at least. Giving them a phone at 7:30 when they open. I wasnt thinking earlier, still in isolation. Misses should have the results of her covid test today. I'll mention that when I phone and see what the situation is.

Go here and put in your postcode and then find your GP. That will tell you if your surgery has a website where hopefully you can find out up to date information about what services they are currently providing.
https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/find-a-gp

Also there is the My GP app which you can download from the Apple AppStore or the Google Play Store.

Go here and put in your postcode and then find your GP. That will tell you if your surgery has a website where hopefully you can find out up to date information about what services they are currently providing.
https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/find-a-gp

Also there is the My GP app which you can download from the Apple AppStore or the Google Play Store.

They gave me a call back just to get prescription picked up. Luckily it's something I've had before in my knee and ankle.

Back
Top Bottom