What's new

Trying to quit

Welcome to the planet. All I can do is echo a lot of the comments here. I've only been off the cigs for a little over a week and I really struggled with it and we've all been through the same battle. You need support, which you will find here in abundance!! I tried all kinds of devices and flavours but it's all personal and finding what suits you. I tried straight tobacco flavours but they didn't take as was trying too much to be a cig which they aren't. Ive settled on a flavour which has tobacco but other elements and it works for me. I tried nic salts and they knocked me on my arse so now I'm MTL freebase 12mg.
Keep trying and you will get there mate and I wish you the very best of luck.

Hello vapers

I'm 43 years old and smoked since age 18.

I'm struggling to quit those damned cigs
I tried every vape thing. Rta rda subohm and mtl. You name it. I was cig free 11 months. Only vaped and really enjoyed. Then something happened I went back to cigs again. It's really disgusting and i feel really bad. My body can really feel the those chemicals in cigs.

For 2 days ago I went back to my vape pen again. Now I'm using a mtl tank with 11mg nicotine with a 0.60ohm coil. Uwell Whirl tank. But that's just to much for me. So I'm planning to get down to 7mg. I have 4 kids. The last one is a 6 years old. Every time I look at him I'm thinking about if something happens to me he will lost me. The thing is he is very bounded to me. He always says daddy daddy. I'm feel like shit when he looking for me. Sometimes he founds me outside where I'm smoking. And he says dad you smell weird and not good. Not only him... All four kids says please daddy stop smoking. You smell like a ashtray.

Well.... I have enough motivation to quit those stinky and deadly things. But physically Im looking for cigarettes. And I know how they smell and tastes and they will kill me.

Please help me Guys...what can I do.
I'm feeling really stupid and guilty.
I just think this is enough. When I smoke cigs my body feels like shit.
I smoke for over 45 years and vaping got me off it.
First and foremost, never feel stupid because you've had a set back, it's a natural part of kicking the coffin nails.
I've a suggestion. Try DTL, but drop your Nic to a max of 6mg. Try, if you do, not using tobacco flavoured juices.
In essence what I'm saying is get your vaping as far away from smoking a stinkie, as you can. There's a strong ritual element to smoking. Breaking that ritual is the secret.

I smoked for 44 years and upto 30 a day, worked in a school and was told " I can smell fire "lol
I duel fueled for 1 month & never looked back. you know the score as youve done it before and you can do it again.
Plenty of new stuff around as mentioned the Zeta is good and cheap from everzon.com or if you want to try DTL vaporesso target.

Hi Xalo, welcome to the forum and good luck with your quest to quit the cigs.

I don't have much more to add to what's already been said because it's really sound advice. I'm still early in my vaping career having smoked for 46 years and switching to vaping a few weeks ago.

I have promised I will be kind to myself whatever happens - celebrating small achievements every day and not getting cross if I take a step back. You'll get a lot of support from fellow vapers on this forum because they know what you're going through but the support you give yourself is also really important.

Commit that you will be nice to yourself regardless of what happens. If you go off the rails one day, don't beat yourself up, accept it's part of the journey and put it behind you so you can get focussed again.

Good luck
Angela

Hello vapers

I'm 43 years old and smoked since age 18.

I'm struggling to quit those damned cigs
I tried every vape thing. Rta rda subohm and mtl. You name it. I was cig free 11 months. Only vaped and really enjoyed. Then something happened I went back to cigs again. It's really disgusting and i feel really bad. My body can really feel the those chemicals in cigs.

For 2 days ago I went back to my vape pen again. Now I'm using a mtl tank with 11mg nicotine with a 0.60ohm coil. Uwell Whirl tank. But that's just to much for me. So I'm planning to get down to 7mg. I have 4 kids. The last one is a 6 years old. Every time I look at him I'm thinking about if something happens to me he will lost me. The thing is he is very bounded to me. He always says daddy daddy. I'm feel like shit when he looking for me. Sometimes he founds me outside where I'm smoking. And he says dad you smell weird and not good. Not only him... All four kids says please daddy stop smoking. You smell like a ashtray.

Well.... I have enough motivation to quit those stinky and deadly things. But physically Im looking for cigarettes. And I know how they smell and tastes and they will kill me.

Please help me Guys...what can I do.
I'm feeling really stupid and guilty.
I just think this is enough. When I smoke cigs my body feels like shit.
Stick with the vaping XaloRodriguez. I was a chain smoker and had my first cig at eleven and I'm 69 now. Eight years ago I took up vaping using different kits and marginal success. Eventually I found the right combination of tank and mod and have not looked back. :2thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum.

Nothing wrong with trying and failing. We've all been there and many are still there. The most important thing is to never give up on giving up. You'll be surprised just how easy it can be once you find the right setup for you. That's the hard part. But you've come to the right place for help in that regard.

giphy-3.gif

Thanks for the replies guys.
I think I will stick to 9mg nicotine with a mtl device. It gives me more like a cigarette feeling.

Better try again [emoji106]

Hey, good luck with it! You just need to find what works. If you need higher nicotine that’s fine, it’s surprisingly easy to cut down on that once you are used to vaping.

Back
Top Bottom