What's new

Urmom Genesis Coil Tutorial (RSST, SS Rope, Mesh, Ribbon)

Another update.

In the package shipped with the 400 mesh, there is another sheet of mesh. Little did I know, that this is not 400 mesh. How I was supposed to know is absolutely beyond me.

Also, if you plan on using 100vg juice, or 80%vg juice undiluted you may want to remove a core as explained in the original guide. The original guide (UKVap.es) also now features a link to my more in depth build, if you are struggling to find the tutorial I posted on here.

Another update-

I've tested over the last few weeks removing one core from the rope as the original guide suggests. It does wick a lot better, I suggest doing that. Also, I did use the wrong mesh in the original guide. Vape mesh co for some reason ship out a free A3 sheet of different awg mesh with the 400awg mesh. Not sure why.

Right, finally got around to building the RSST for the first time - your guide helped a lot, though I did cheat a little

Whilst I got the ribbon wire, I decided to play it safe for the first build and just .35mm kanthal wire - the rest was as per your guide (Though I didn't see the update re: removing the core for high VG liquids - doh!)

Anyway, it came out at 0.9 ohm and am currently using 80/20 (VG/PG) mic on a IPV 2x set at 17watts

The vape is ok, but not great. I find the draw very tight (the air hole is only 1mm - perhaps needs to be drilled out to 2mm?) - I wasn't expecting huge clouds, but was expecting good flavor - but nowhere near as good as any of my RDA's.

Clearly, I am doing something wrong - or perhaps I should just let stand for while (only had a few mls of liquids so far)

Any advise/guidance appreciated

EDIT: oops, forgot to tag RagingMammoth

Thanks
Asif

Last edited:
Great tutorial, I'm almost tempted to buy a Gennie.

What's the vape like, bearing in mind I only do mouth-to-lung and have my AFC's on the lowest setting?

Great tutorial, I'm almost tempted to buy a Gennie.

What's the vape like, bearing in mind I only do mouth-to-lung and have my AFC's on the lowest setting?

Sorry mate, only just saw this. The stock airflow on the RSST is absolutely minuscule. It's like 0.5mm I think.

You can drill it out to whatever you prefer, but I reckon if it's sub 2mm at 30w it will be way too hot.

Edit: The vape is very pure, dense and warm. If you chainvape like I do it does get incredibly hot though. Seeing as you like a restricted draw, I'm guessing you like a hot vape?

Last edited:
Right, finally got around to building the RSST for the first time - your guide helped a lot, though I did cheat a little

Whilst I got the ribbon wire, I decided to play it safe for the first build and just .35mm kanthal wire - the rest was as per your guide (Though I didn't see the update re: removing the core for high VG liquids - doh!)

Anyway, it came out at 0.9 ohm and am currently using 80/20 (VG/PG) mic on a IPV 2x set at 17watts

The vape is ok, but not great. I find the draw very tight (the air hole is only 1mm - perhaps needs to be drilled out to 2mm?) - I wasn't expecting huge clouds, but was expecting good flavor - but nowhere near as good as any of my RDA's.

Clearly, I am doing something wrong - or perhaps I should just let stand for while (only had a few mls of liquids so far)

Any advise/guidance appreciated

EDIT: oops, forgot to tag @RagingMammoth

Thanks
Asif

The problem with the flavour is the fact you arent using ribbon wire. The reason I use ribbon and do the double wrap method is the massive amount of wick coverage. More wick coverage, more vapour. Assuming that the wick is made correctly. My air hole is drilled out to 3mm.

Honestly though, just use ribbon. The flavour quality is far above RDA's in my opinion. I'm using my 0.5 ohm setup at 31.5 watts and it puts out a lot of vapour as well.

Edit: If you have no ribbon I can send you some. I have like 200m of it

The problem with the flavour is the fact you arent using ribbon wire. The reason I use ribbon and do the double wrap method is the massive amount of wick coverage. More wick coverage, more vapour. Assuming that the wick is made correctly. My air hole is drilled out to 3mm.

Honestly though, just use ribbon. The flavour quality is far above RDA's in my opinion. I'm using my 0.5 ohm setup at 31.5 watts and it puts out a lot of vapour as well.

Edit: If you have no ribbon I can send you some. I have like 200m of it

Thanks for the offer buddy, I have the ribbon wire, just found it daunting to start with that :-)

I will certainly drill the airhole, as the draw is far too tight for me.

That said, the vape is already improving with the current build. Perhaps the build just needed to be broken in. I will tackle the air hole tonight and see how I get on

Thanks for the offer buddy, I have the ribbon wire, just found it daunting to start with that :-)

I will certainly drill the airhole, as the draw is far too tight for me.

That said, the vape is already improving with the current build. Perhaps the build just needed to be broken in. I will tackle the air hole tonight and see how I get on

It doesn't really break in at all. But definitely drill it out.

Really though, get on the ribbon. It's so much better.

Sorry mate, only just saw this. The stock airflow on the RSST is absolutely minuscule. It's like 0.5mm I think.

You can drill it out to whatever you prefer, but I reckon if it's sub 2mm at 30w it will be way too hot.

Edit: The vape is very pure, dense and warm. If you chainvape like I do it does get incredibly hot though. Seeing as you like a restricted draw, I'm guessing you like a hot vape?

I prefer a warm vape but I'm not that fussed, but there is something I haven't read much about that concerns me when buying a tank.

When mouth-to-lunging with an RDA or a Fogger, the lung hit is very severe, leading to a coughing fit, and it's nothing to do with nicotine or airflow. I've always assumed it's something to do with what happens to the vapour mix in a large chamber. Straight-to-lung doesn't do this, even with high nicotine.

I'll end up buying a Gennie just to satisfy my curiosity and Shinyitus and just suffer straight-to-lung if it's too harsh.

Back
Top Bottom