What's new

Uwell Caliburn G2 Pod Kit CRC Version

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

PXL_20220720_102337538.jpg

The Uwell Caliburn G2 Pod Kit CRC Version

https://www.sourcemore.com/uwell-caliburn-g2-pod-kit-crc-version.html

I got a code to reduce it to $19.59 and that is CG2KV

The G2 is a pod kit with a 750mah internal battery and 2ml capacity. It takes refillable pods that come in 1.2 and 0.8ohm versions. The pods have little airflow adjusters on them so you can adjust as needed. It has autodraw or you can use the button to fire. With this kit being child proof it seems you can’t replace the coils and get an extra one with the 0.8ohm coil in it. That’ll be easily remedied by just buying the replacement pods and a packet of your preferred coils.

In the box you get:
1* Caliburn G2 Pod System Kit
1* Meshed-H 1.2ohm Coil (embedded in pod)
1* Meshed-H 0.8ohm Coil (embedded in spare pod)
1* User Manual
1* Type-C Charging Cable

Style wise it’s your standard pen pod kit really. There is a handy window for looking at juice levels and this is a nice touch as most pod kits need you to take the pod out to see where the juice is at. The pods click in nicely and don’t pop out when you drop the thing. Filling is done by snapping off the mouthpiece and it has a nice easy filling system, the fill port has a small valve so that the juice doesn’t go everywhere and there’s another hole for letting juice out if you overfill. Also on the pod is a very small airflow adjustment wheel so you can dial it right down for a tight draw, and it is quite tight fully closed but open enough fully open to get a good RDL draw as well. Branding is subtle and underneath the Caliburn branding is an LED light to see the battery level.

Uwell have also put in a vibration function that alerts you to certain issues/actions. For a short circuit the light will flash red 3 times and vibrate 4 times. Low voltage will flash red 10 times and vibrate 3 times. Vaping overtime will flash green 5 times and vibrate twice. If there’s an open circuit the light will flash blue 3 times and vibrate twice. It will also vibrate once when you put the pod in and vibrates when you put it on to charge and again when it’s finished charging.

PXL_20220805_114419231.jpg

There aren’t any functions I can discern personally. You just make sure it’s charged, fire a pod in and vape in the way you like.

In use it’s a cracking wee pod system. I started off with the 1.2 pod and loved the vape straight away. I’m a loose MTL vaper so fully open the airflow was perfect for me and was a nice cool draw. Very smooth as well. The airflow wheel lets you dial it right down to a tight MTL so it’s perfect for those who like that as well. Flavour is really good as well. Uwell have nailed it with their Caliburn range imo. I’ve only tried a couple but they’ve both been excellent. I used the 1.2 for about a week and I noticed no leaking at all. I have read another review on here that suggests it does leak a little if left on it’s own for a while but I have the child proof version so I assume that the leak the other review had was from the coil. The only issue I have had with either coil option is that if left for a bit it can be a little gurgly when you use it again but a quick wrist flick sorts that out straight away.

Moving onto the 0.8 pod/coil was a big difference for me. I was really quite surprised at how good the vape is on the 0.8. It is a little warmer than the 1.2 and there’s a lot more vapour. I even coughed a little on the first draw as I wasn’t expecting it. It makes for a great RDL draw as well as a good loose MTL draw for me and that’s what I prefer. MTL, with an odd lung pull to boost it a little. Flavour is again excellent and I think I do prefer this one for the way I vape personally.

In all the G2 is a great pod kit. As I have the child proof version I can’t seem to take the coils out of the pod but the standard version lets you replace them. I also can’t seem to find the closed pods to buy but that’s not an issue, I can always just use it like the normal version with a pod that has removable coils. It is a little bit of a shame as I have a toddler that like to play with things he shouldn’t but then again I am pretty responsible with my kit so I don’t let him get to it anyway.

It’s got really good flavour and the wee airflow adjustment wheel on the pods let you adjust to suit so would be suitable for newcomers and seasoned vapers alike.

PXL_20220805_114449399.jpg

Thanks for the review @Gitchy, I had seen the CRC version and wondered what the difference was, being someone who really likes the G2. So if I understand, they've made the G2-CRC pod more like the A2 pod system, but included the airflow, and you can't buy the closed pods, you have to buy the G2 pods and coils once the supplied coils are done?

Thanks for the review @Gitchy, I had seen the CRC version and wondered what the difference was, being someone who really likes the G2. So if I understand, they've made the G2-CRC pod more like the A2 pod system, but included the airflow, and you can't buy the closed pods, you have to buy the G2 pods and coils once the supplied coils are done?

Hey mate. Just had a look with different search terms and you can seem to buy the closed pods but they're about £8 a pop for 2 and it's all stores that I don't recognise. Might take a pop at one of them to see if they're dropshippers or not. I searched with this 'caliburn closed g2 CRC pods'

I'm going to get a normal G2 pod and just use coils as well personally cause that seems to work out cheaper.

Hey mate. Just had a look with different search terms and you can seem to buy the closed pods but they're about £8 a pop for 2 and it's all stores that I don't recognise. Might take a pop at one of them to see if they're dropshippers or not. I searched with this 'caliburn closed g2 CRC pods'

I'm going to get a normal G2 pod and just use coils as well personally cause that seems to work out cheaper.

I think using the normal G2 pod is the smart option. I find this one quite bizarre tbh. Shoppers will have to take care to avoid buying the wrong version.

Have been using the mesh coils in the GK2 version. Great flavour and good draw options on the pod.

Back
Top Bottom