What's new

Uwell Caliburn Ironfist Pod Kit

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Welcome to my review today we have the Uwell caliburn iron fist pod kit. This was very kindly sent for purpose of review from sourcemore.

As always this review is my own thoughts and not anyone else's, neither am I paid to do this.

Abit about the kit.....

This kit is the new pod kit from Uwell in the range of caliburn kits but with a different branding type from the usual selection this is the caliburn iron fist, coming away from the stick type pod mods they've entered the small square pod mod market.

The kit comes in 3 colour options, silver, black and red.

I recieved the red Variant for review.

uwell-uwell-caliburn-ironfist-l-25ml-690mah-pod-sy.jpg

what's in the box.....

• 1 x Uwell Caliburn IRONFIST-L Device

• 1 x IRONFIST-L Cartridge

• 1 x UN2 Meshed-H 1.2Ω Caliburn G2 Coil

• 1 x UN2 Meshed-H 0.8Ω Caliburn G Coil

• 1 x User Manual

• 1 x Type-C Charging Cable

20230604_111800.jpg

Specs......

• Material: Zinc Alloy, PC, PCTG

• Dimensions: 69.75mm x 46.5mm x 17.6mm

• Weight: 64.8g

• Eliquid capacity: 2.5ml

• Uses Caliburn G & G2 Coils

• Three wattage levels

• Draw activated

• 690mAh Rechargeable battery

• 2A Type-C Charging

Mod.....

The little box shape mod is soilidy made from zinc alloy, has a built in 690MaH battery and is charged via 2A type C charging.

It has subtle branding with iron fist engraved in gold on the red colour mod, it feels well built and quite premium to hold. The edges aren't curved but neither are they uncomfortable or sharp to hold in hand.

20230626_204914.jpg

With it being quite a small kit it has a good weight to it but easily fits inside your pocket or bag without weighing you down.

On the front you have a recessed part where your find 3 LED lights and a small button these are used as battery indicator and a wattage changing button. They're bright enough and easily seen when the button is being pressed.

Wattage levels:
• One LED: 3.2V

• Two LEDs: 3.4V

• Three LEDs: 3.6V

20230626_204925.jpg

Battery levels:

Three green LEDs: 60%+ battery

• Two blue LEDs: 30-60% battery

One red LED: Less than 30% battery

On the bottom of the kit you have the charging port and also a airflow adjuster which works extremely well from a loose MTL to a very tight MTL. With the 2Amp charging I've found it takes around 40 minutes to fully charge.

20230626_204936.jpg

on the top of the kit your find where the pod attaches into the kit and also a lanyard point. The pod easily pushes in and clips in well without any movement.

Pod & coils.....

The included pod is a dark tinted 2.5ml capacity pod. The tint on this pod is darker than other pods I've used however Uwell have integrated a small LED under where the pod sits so you can light up the pod to make it easier to see your juice level. Something which has been well thought out however poses the question just make the pod lighter. To use the LED you simply hold the front button for 2 seconds to turn it on and off.

The pod is an almost rectangle shaped pod which clips into the top of the device has an oval shaped built in drip tip which is comfortable and suits the kit well and has a side fill port unfortunately the fill port is on the side of the pod which is on the inside of the kit so you have to remove the pod each time to fill the kit up.

20230626_204951.jpg

Another good thing about this kit is the fact it uses the ever so popular caliburn G coils included are 1.2ohm caliburn G2 Coil and 0.8ohm caliburn coil. Also available to fit this kit the 1ohm caliburn G coil which you can purchase separately.

uwell_1200x1200.jpg

Both coils give fantastic flavour but also great coil life I've had 2 weeks out of both coils and they were still giving a good flavour I preffered both coils on the highest wattage setting with the airflow almost closed for a tight mtl vape which suited me perfectly.

Pros and Niggles.....

Pros...

• Great flavour
• Great Coil life
• No leaking
• Adjustable airflow works very well
• Uses both caliburn coils
• Fast charging about 40 minutes
• Good battery life for mtl vaping

Niggles....

• Pod drip tip might not suit everyone
• After 30% battery power really drops

Overall thoughts.....

Overall I think Uwell have done a fantastic job they've taken things that are all popular from previous kits with the caliburn coils, adjustable airflow and made a small premium kit which is different in looks to many others but works just aswell.

Couple of small Niggles drip top may not suit everyone vaper, the power drops instantly when on 30% which could become annoying if you're out and about and I would have liked to seen the fill port on the other side of the pod just to make filling that little easier and quicker.

However the possitive outweigh the Niggles and I would recomend this little kit for anyone wanting an out and about mtl kit.

Discount code.....

$22.59 Uwell Caliburn & Ironfist L Pod Kit

Code: UCIL

Thank you as always to sourcemore for sending me this kit and also you for reading

Sam
264622-9913e4b6069e9d7d7e72457833aed7a9.jpg

Attachments

• 20230626_204936.jpg
    20230626_204936.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 37
Nice review again Sam. I was looking at this one and for some reason thought it would be a lot bigger. The promo pics make it look twice the size, just the design of it I suppose. The power dropping so much would probably put me off though, it's already a bit of a small capacity battery these days.

Back
Top Bottom