What's new

Uwell Koko Prime Vision Pod Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia from (source) sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

20210802_174235.jpg

The Uwell Caliburn Koko Prime Vision Pod Kit

https://www.sourcemore.com/uwell-caliburn-koko-prime-vision-pod-kit.html

I've been given a code for this to take it to $20.99 and it's: KPVK

The Koko Prime Vision is a 690mah battery pod system and the marketing bumpf tells us it goes up to 18w max, despite there being no way to adjust the wattage. Both the pods and the coils are compatible with the Caliburn G. The pod has a 2ml capacity and charges with a USB type C cable.

In the box you get:
1 Caliburn KOKO Prime Vision Pod System Kit
1 1ohm Caliburn G Coil(pre-installed)
1 Spare UN2 Meshed-H 0.8ohm Caliburn Coil
1 Type-C Charging Cable
1 User Manual
1 Lanyard

With this being a pod kit there aren’t many functions. It’s an autodraw pod system so there are no buttons or displays on it anywhere. There are 3 different colours of LED to denote the battery life and they are green for full, then it moves to blue for medium power and then red for low power. The LED is quite bright and stays on long enough for you to see it when you've taken a draw. Charging is via a USB type C cable and is quite quick so that’s a bonus.

Design wise I like the Prime Vision. It’s small and compact, with a nice feel to it. It’s got removable metal panels that expose a translucent plastic body when they’re taken off. The panels are quite funky as well and will go down well with the younguns. My one looks a bit like Rick from Rick and Morty on one side and has KoKo shown on the other panel. Behind the panels they’ve written keep on keeping on and that makes me wonder if Uwell thought of that when designing the original Koko or if it’s just a nice coincidence for them now. There's a space to attach the included lanyard,not something I'd use myself but will be very handy for some.

Collage 2021-08-02 17_45_54.jpg

The pod itself is a Caliburn G pod so is completely interchangeable with that device. It has different sized holes on each side at the bottom to manage airflow and you can just turn it 180 to adjust the 2 airflow settings. It’s a common thing in the smaller pods now and it’s nice to have the option. And here it does make quite a difference. The MTL side is not quite tight but still gives a satisfying draw for MTL and the looser side isn’t amazingly open but you can still get a good RDL draw from it.

In use it’s a simple device. You pop the pod in, fill it, wait then autodraw and that’s about it. The 1ohm coil has a nice draw on it and wicks well with 70/30 juice because of the nicely large wicking holes on the coil. On the tighter setting it’s still a good draw but I personally prefer the looser setting so I can take the odd restricted lung hit as well. The 0.8 coil gives you more vapour (obviously) and is also a very nice draw. I definitely prefer the more sedate 1ohm coil myself, which is very different from my usual preferences. Flavour is really good, perhaps the best I’ve tried on a pod. They’ve really nailed it here.

In all I’ve enjoyed using the Koko Prime Vision. It’s probably the best simple pod I’ve tried and the draw on it is nice, which is the main thing for me. Flavour is really good and the vapour is good on it as well. It’ll be great for new vapers and a handy back up for the rest of us.

20210802_174135.jpg

Last edited:
Great review as always mate looks like a we'll made simple pod kit like the panels nice idea

Thanks for the review mate. Sounds really good for what it is.

I got burnt from a Caliburn G a while back! It was the worst device I owned, forever leaking and it turned me off big time from Uwell! I am forever seeing the 'good reviews' and I've been so tempted by the KoKo Prime!

Maybe they deserve a 2nd chance?! :hugs:

Thanks Gitchy, Proper!

Spare coils and trasnlucen design, that thing is cool.

Back
Top Bottom