What's new

Vape mail ban passed senate in u.s.

Kanye is running for president? Lmao...im not sure how to even know if that would be good or not.

Im guessing pot would turn legal
You mean you didn't know? Yeah apparently so and his special advisors are his wife and Elon Musk so I'd say him legalising pot would be a dead cert. He's also anti-vax and Anti-abortion according to the news over here.
He can't run in certain states as he's missed the deadline, though a part of me suspects it's a ploy between him and Trump to take votes away from Biden.

Whatever, ill just get me a liter of nicotine, should last me a year or 2
Everything else is household chemicals, and a small bottle of flavoring

Hmm, everyone i know who vapes is used to paying 15 dollars for a 30 ml bottle...

The world over, polictians are self-serving, short term, (unless you're Russian or Chinese), narcissistic, narrow minded, poorly advised, head-up-their-own-arse, 2 dimensional, FUCKING TWATS !!!

So, please correct me if I'm wrong...in the US, you can drive @ 16, get married at a silly young age, with parental consent, even to your cousin ?, have to what 'til you're 21 to buy an alcoholic drink, but can consume high THC weed, in certain states ? Buy a gun at what age ?, with minimal checks...

But vaping is alledgedly bad ?, because it is not supported by an industry of political activists, like the tobacco industry is ? I suspect there lies the elephant in the room ?

Cockwomble politicians are jumping on the bus of ignorance, for their own personal gain, and they have to be stopped.

You have my full support...

...where do I sign...?

It really is all about making vaping and vape products as expensive, inaccessible (i'd hate to only be able to buy products on the high street) and as unattractive as possible - postal bans, flavour bans, insane levies and taxes. TPD 3 in the EU next year will be also be corrupt and rotten.

Married-16 with parental consent (or possibly 14 or 15 in a cpl states still, may have changed)

Rifles-18 to buy without a background check in many states, any age to use with supervision(it was, may be 21 now, but was 18 in theory so ppl can hunt for food, as if there isnt a super walmart in literally every small town in the country, trust me, there r)

Cigarettes and vape stuff-18 until a cpl years ago became 21

Voting-18

Military-18, recruitment in highscool (16 and 17), because kids that age still think they r invincible, that is actually the reason)

Alcohol-21 (18 if u r in the military, at least thats how it was, also may have changed)

Handguns-21(18 in the military)

Driving-18 (there is some rule about grades in school and being able to drive when u r 16 i think, when i was growing up it was 15 and a 1/2 learners permit, 16 license, 14 if u had a farm, if i remember correctly) alcohol was also 18 back then.

Oh yeah, in a few states (i know arizona and texas, they used to have open container laws, which meant u could drink and drive, and unless a cop actually saw u drink out of the bottle or u were over the limit it was perfectly legal)

Back then in the mid 90's the 24hr texaco sold cigs and hard liquor on the back shelf and handguns in the display case

Edit: u can marry your first cousin in about half the states (usually the same states that ban gay marriage or adoption) but second cousins are fair game. So are step siblings.

Incedentally,i recently heard technically we still havent even ratified the equal rights amendment to our constitution that gives women the right to vote. Back in the 1920's we came up one state short and it timed out back in the 1970's i believe

Last edited:
Well what can you say when all the politicians are all sitting on their arse waiting for their latest cheques from the NRA and tobacco lobby while you have people killing 50 at a time with assault rifles and it's still fine to get cancer from smoking as long long as you're paying the tax revenue.

Like you say, it's the illegal THC trade that's messing it up but that's too hard to fix and they can't be arsed so lets use the law abiding vapers as a scapegoat so they can say they're doing something to fix the problem.

What a pile of crap. :banghead:

It really is all about making vaping and vape products as expensive, inaccessible (i'd hate to only be able to buy products on the high street) and as unattractive as possible - postal bans, flavour bans, insane levies and taxes. TPD 3 in the EU next year will be also be corrupt and rotten.

Let's hope we are done & dusted with the EU by then.

Well what can you say when all the politicians are all sitting on their arse waiting for their latest cheques from the NRA and tobacco lobby while you have people killing 50 at a time with assault rifles and it's still fine to get cancer from smoking as long long as you're paying the tax revenue.

Like you say, it's the illegal THC trade that's messing it up but that's too hard to fix and they can't be arsed so lets use the law abiding vapers as a scapegoat so they can say they're doing something to fix the problem.

What a pile of crap. :banghead:

This latest bill is led by someone from california where they still have lots of vape shops because thc is legal there, and the governer wants to tax ejuice at $2 for every 40mg (its anywhere from a 50 -200% tax depending on the strength u vape) because they are always broke. If u order online out of state u wouldnt be subject to that tax.

Oregon is also behind it, also where thc is legal i believe

Last edited:
Let's hope we are done & dusted with the EU by then.

It won't make any difference, unless we have a post transition period no deal brexit, if we do a deal with the EU, then almost certainly we will be signed up to or expected to implement legislation like TPD3, because the EU will not allow the internal market to be threatened or damaged.

Even if we have no obligation to EU TPD3 legislation the chances are that the UK will implement something very similar. Pressures from Big Pharma, the tobacco companies and the likes of the MHRA (an executive agency of the Department of Health) would bring massive pressure to conform to EU legislation and to what is happening, for example, in America. Look at the MHRAs remit. What do they know about vaping, vape hardware, devices and eliquids aren't any of the following. Why are they regulating vape products, they will love TPD3, they even have a corporate plan.

The agency is responsible for:

• ensuring that medicines, medical devices and blood components for transfusion meet applicable standards of safety, quality and efficacy
  • ensuring that the supply chain for medicines, medical devices and blood components is safe and secure
  • promoting international standardisation and harmonisation to assure the effectiveness and safety of biological medicines
  • helping to educate the public and healthcare professionals about the risks and benefits of medicines, medical devices and blood components, leading to safer and more effective use
  • supporting innovation and research and development that’s beneficial to public health
  • influencing UK, EU and international regulatory frameworks so that they’re risk-proportionate and effective at protecting public health

MHRA board members’ declarations of interest, note the pharma connections

https://assets.publishing.service.g...eclarations_of_Interest_23_September_2019.pdf

Back
Top Bottom