What's new

Vape NOT charging

matt9186

Hi,
I brought a Smok T-Priv ages ago and haven’t used it in ages, now i have come back to it and it’s not charging for some reason, any idea what the problem is and how to sort it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 106
Honestly could be one of a hundred things.

Are the batteries in the device currently charged? If the battery drops to below a certain voltage, they won't charge. This is likely to happen if they have been left along time.

If the batteries are fine, chances are it's a malfunction on the board or somewhere else within the mod.

Options then are send for repair, buy another device or buy an external charger to charge batteries and don't charge through mod.

Are the batteries in the device currently charged? If the battery drops to below a certain voltage, they won't charge. This is likely to happen if they have been left along time.

If the batteries are fine, chances are it's a malfunction on the board or somewhere else within the mod.

Options then are send for repair, buy another device or buy an external charger to charge batteries and don't charge through mod.

I have a Smok Novo as well, is it worth buying a battery charger? where can i get one from?

Hi and welcome to the planet

did you leave the batteries in the mod for ages.
as said majority of mods its best to charge on an external charger as the usb is mainly for software updates. is that an original smok cable you are using.

if its a faulty mod smok are pointless repairing as it would cost more to repair than buy a new mod.

I have a Smok Novo as well, is it worth buying a battery charger? where can i get one from?

Best place for a charger is https://www.fogstar.co.uk

I've bought my last two from here and they are perfect.

As @MrDJ mentioned, it's best practise to charge any battery via an external charger. It's safer and will prolong the life of the batteries.

I'd check first though and make sure the fault is either in the mod or the batteries.

Best place for a charger is https://www.fogstar.co.uk

I've bought my last two from here and they are perfect.

As @MrDJ mentioned, it's best practise to charge any battery via an external charger. It's safer and will prolong the life of the batteries.

I'd check first though and make sure the fault is either in the mod or the batteries.

How would I check?

If the batteries are removable & you have a multimeter you can measure the voltage. If it's below 2.1v dispose of them correctly. With the batteries out try 5 clicks on the fire button as the mod should power up under USB. Also make sure the USB lead is not faulty by plugging it into something else that can be powered by USB.

Did you take the batteries out of it ages ago?

Worth asking [emoji33][emoji1787][emoji106]

If the batteries are removable & you have a multimeter you can measure the voltage. If it's below 2.1v dispose of them correctly. With the batteries out try 5 clicks on the fire button as the mod should power up under USB. Also make sure the USB lead is not faulty by plugging it into something else that can be powered by USB.

I don’t have a multimeter. But, i have a non-faulty USB lead, plugged it in and it does not power up? What should i do now? Do i need to wait a little bit and leave it plugged in without batteries? Thanks!
P.S, i haven’t even used it that much before not using for ages, don’t know why it would be broken!

Back
Top Bottom