What's new

Vape shop trying it on? Or not?

Nick0steam

Achiever
Just a little story about my local vape store. About 5 weeks ago I was looking at reviews for a good MTL tank and kept getting drawn to the Nautilus 2, so I made my mind up and decided to treat me and the wife to one. So the next day I went down to my local B+M vape shop which is a well known chain and advertised on this site, and was served by a very nice young lad who let me try one first and had a good chat about vaping, anyway I bought 2 tanks and was very happy with them no problems at all. Then after a day or 2 with the tank sitting on my old scratched and battered coolfire4 I thought to myself "hmm wish I had bought the zelos kit now as it looks shit on this mod" so went back to same shop to get 2 matching zelos mods (kit would've saved me £10 dum dum me) There was a different young lad serving this time grumpy bad attitude couldn't be arsed type. Anyway got the mods and inspected them at home but they both had small dents scratches and blemishes on them, they looked like they had been used and repacked and resealed so I took them back and Mr grumps swapped em without even looking at them no questions asked, and these 2 were and in mint condition, so bit of a coincidence that 2 would be cosmetically defective and the next 2 are perfect. Well I thought maybe they are returns and they try to fob them off hoping know one will return them and if they do they just swap em for mint ones as it was worth a try. This also happened to me 18 months ago from a guy in a shopping mall with one of those glass display stalls selling vape stuff...same outcome. Just thought I'd share this see if anyone has had same experience.

Some shops do that, and I think they are allowed to get away with it too.
If someone buys something and then returns it, in its original packaging, within 14 days, I think they are allowed to re sell it.
They were probably ones that got returned and they decided to see if they could flog 'em.

I know from experience that Argos do that with returned items. When stuff is returned it gets classified: A means it gets re sold. B: It gets auctioned on the cheap to select clientele. C: It is thrown away
Then again , it may just be a coincidence.

It sounds like returns either to the shop or they supplier, and likely why it was a no question return

It's not a bad practice to sell returns on, but they should at least be marked as such and/or cheaper, I pick up ex display/returned stuff whenever I can if it's reduced

It sounds like returns either to the shop or they supplier, and likely why it was a no question return

It's not a bad practice to sell returns on, but they should at least be marked as such and/or cheaper, I pick up ex display/returned stuff whenever I can if it's reduced
Yeah I agree, its a little bit sneaky to sell it as new when it is a return, but I think they are allowed to.
Some places will do whatever the law lets them get away with, even if its regarded as unethical.

If they had stated that they have returns or ex display for sale with money off then i would've considered buying one, but paying full price i expect brand new, the cheeky monkeys.

name and shame tbh. where was it lol
Not relly the done thing unless it's through the Negative vendor reviews thread - and follows the rules laid out there, you can of course mention the vendor in the thread as nlong as you can show you've taken steps to try to resolve the issue and failed - but Outright "Naming and Shaming" isn't allowed

Not relly the done thing unless it's through the Negative vendor reviews thread - and follows the rules laid out there, you can of course mention the vendor in the thread as nlong as you can show you've taken steps to try to resolve the issue and failed - but Outright "Naming and Shaming" isn't allowed
Ok thanks for info.

I won't name names, but I've seen vape shops open brand new items to take pieces out and then sell the now defunct kit to an unsuspecting customer.

Back
Top Bottom