What's new

Vaporesso Gen Fit 40 Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
@Vaporesso sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Vaporesso, nor do I get paid to review things.

PXL_20220517_101524090.jpg

The Vaporesso Gen Fit 40 Kit

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/gen-fit-40

The Gen Fit 40 is a 40w mod that has a 2000mah internal battery. It comes packed with the iTank X, which takes the GTX range of coils and is good for RDL and MTL vaping. Charging is via a USB Type C cable.

In the box you get:
1 Vaporesso Gen Fit 40 Mod
1 Vaporesso iTank X (3.5ml) (obviously 2ml on the TPD version)
1 GTX 1.2ohm Regular Coil
1 GTX 0.6ohm Mesh Coil
1 Extra Glass Tube
3 Spare O-Rings
1 USB Type C Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warranty Card

Style wise it’s quite a basic looking mod. It’s an oval shape, which helps with ergonomics. The rubber grip on the Gen series isn’t present on this one but it’s still comfortable to hold and is nice and small, with a light enough weight to it. One thing I love is that the screen is on the top of the mod. When I opened the package I thought it was just the Gen Fit, which has no screen, so I was delighted when I turned it on to find it was an adjustable wattage mod. The screen is a small 0.46” and is quite basic but it does the job and the placement of it makes the mod look quite good in my opinion. The front of the mod has the fire button, the adjustment buttons and the USB Type C slot for charging. Branding is not mental here. There’s a Vaporesso written on one side at the top and a small logo on the back of the mod. Unfortunately there is a raised 510 plate on the mod so it’d be hard to use tanks over 20mm without it looking a bit daft. Plus the overall circumference of the mod limits it to 20mm tanks as well.

The iTank X is also included in the kit and is a 20mm tank that can do both RDL and MTL. I’ve been using the bubble glass but I do feel it would look better with the straight glass on, due to the slimness of the mod. The blurb on the Vaporesso website tells us that it has their patented SS technology to prevent leaks. They’re also pushing that the coils have corex wicking material, which is actually really good, having used the GTX and their other coils a bit recently.

PXL_20220620_122030941.jpg

Function wise it’s quite simple. Three clicks will lock the adjustment buttons. Pressing the plus and minus adjustment buttons together will get you to the menu where you can turn smart VW on or off, select VW mode, VV mode or return to the default settings. And that’s it. It’s a nice, easy starter kit.

In use the tank is quite nice. One thing to note is that most of the online shops now stock the triple silicone ring GTX coils so they’d be best in this as it is a press fit tank. I found the included 1.2ohm coil was definitely my preferred for MTL. The GTX coils have airflow holes at the bottom so the gap on the 1.2 restricted the airflow perfectly for me with the airflow adjustment ring fully open. It also closes down quite tight for those who prefer that. I like an airy MTL. I bought myself some 0.8ohm coils to try out as you only get 1.2 and 0.6 with the kit and they were good for MTL as well but I did have to close off the airflow ring at least halfway to get the same kind of nice MTL draw out of them. RDL is nice with the 0.8 as well but chain vaping RDL with 70/30 juice in the tank did give a very, very small hint of burning at times. With the 0.6 coil I was almost closing off the airflow to get a draw I liked MTL but the RDL was really good, with no hints of burning at all when smashing the RDL. It really is quite a versatile tank and something a lot of manufacturers do struggle to get right. Tanks usually tip one way or the other but I found this did both styles of vaping very well with a little adjustment. I’ll definitely be using the rest of the 0.8 ohm coils I bought for my MTL fix over the next few weeks/months. May even buy some of the 1.2 ones as well. I’ve also been finding that the battery lasts really well in the mod so that’s another plus point.

Overall the Gen Fit 40 is a good starter kit/MTL kit. It’s compact, light and I like the screen being at the top. The iTank X is good for MTL and RDL, the coil options give you a good range of both and it’s nice to be using the GTX coils again as I do like them.

PXL_20220620_122006748.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks @Gitchy good review I did consider buying one but the Coolfire z50 pipped the post for me.
It’s definitely one to consider though.

Thanks @Gitchy good review I did consider buying one but the Coolfire z50 pipped the post for me.
It’s definitely one to consider though.

Z50 looks good. I think that'd be better for bigger tanks as well but this is still a decent wee kit for starters.

Also just want to note that I edited this. I had the tank as an 18mm tank and it's actually 20mm. My mistake.

Thank you for a fine review. At last an upgrade from Vaporesso for a MTL tank that can take the excellent GTX coils. Should be an improvement from the tiny GTX18. Very keen to try the tank as soon as available in the UK.

I have just received a new iTank X with bubble glass from Le Petit Vapoteur. Vaping a custard shortfill slimmed down to 50VG/50PG at 5mg with two 100PG nic shots with the triple silicone 0.8 ohm GTX coil. The tank is definitely an improvement on the GTX 18 tank: easy top filling, good airflow control down to a tight MTL draw, press fit coils and above all improved 3.5ml capacity. Using it with my favourite Target 100 mod on Ft mode, looks a bit small on the mod, but ok.
Result is super smooth MTL vape with excellent flavour from the GTX coil. I expect the coil to be long-lasting as with my previous experience of it in other kits.
I would definitely recommend it as a start-up MTL tank.

Back
Top Bottom