What's new

Vaporesso Orca Solo

I got a silver one, I gave it to my cousin to get him to cut back on smoking. I don't know why the Philip Morris iQOS is so popular in China.

does anyone who hasn't given theirs away have any more thoughts?

Holding this up against my Joyetech eco, there's things I like more and things I don't like about it.

The two big negatives for me are the airflow which is noisy and turbulent compared to the ECO which is silent and very smooth and the fact that I've lost a bit of my blue finish already, so I imagine it will look super tatty in a few weeks.

On the plus side, the coils are lasting really well.... I've just stuck the c-cell one in to give that a try (exceptional flavour from this) but the cotton one is still going strong and I've been using it a lot.

I wish I could put the orca coils in the eco because that would be the perfect combination for me.

I've still not had much of a chance to use mine as the wife's taxed it but she got just over a week on the cotton coil and the c-cell one burnt out pretty straight away. I reckon it's cause she's been using 70/30 juice and restricted dtl on it. I told her when I gave it to her to use something more PG heavy but she's a doughnut and doesn't listen to me.

Means we're now out of the coils that came with it and nowhere seems to sell them yet so it's been papped in a drawer till we can buy some. She does love it though and wants to buy herself a rainbow one when they're available so I'll get a proper shot on it myself yet.

I don't mind the noise tbh, kind of reminds me that I'm getting a draw.

I took mine into work to give to the new guy that wants to give up smoking ...... but it was a mad-busy day and I didn't get the chance .... I'll get him next time though ..... ;)

It's the first kit of this type that I've tried since my first pen-type when I started. It's much better, and the flavour is spot-on, but it feels a bit feeble compared with an RTA and an 18650 box mod ....... more like the vape I get from my old e-pipes .... and why I stopped using them.

P1160167.JPG

I think that might be because you got the pink one @Crewella , they put a power limiter on the ladies models. :P

edited to add: I don’t really fancy this after @simong revealing it’s noisy. I am looking forward to trying my aura aio that I won in the comp though. I pick up on Thursday. I went for the black cigar shaped one with variable packaging.

I think that might be because you got the pink one @Crewella , they put a power limiter on the ladies models. :P

edited to add: I don’t really fancy this after @simong revealing it’s noisy. I am looking forward to trying my aura aio that I won in the comp though. I pick up on Thursday. I went for the black cigar shaped one with variable packaging.

ah, I didn't know you'd won that! .... I guess that means I didn't win then? :( :D

I was a bit surprised when they pm’ed me to tell me, I thought they would probably cancel it after the thread descending into a farce.

I’m looking forward to trying it though, it actually looks decent.

So I've managed to salvage the ccell coil and have been using this in the car with high mg nic salts. It's ok, nothing special but I do like it in the motor.

One big issue though. I've now bought 2 sets of coils that don't work in the device I have. One set off eBay (I know) and another from a company in the UK. They say they're orca solo coils and they come up as authentic on the vaporesso site but they don't have the wee notch in the bottom like the ones in the kit and don't work at all. I'm now wondering if there's a different version of the kit to be sold in the UK. Perhaps @Vaporesso could clarify it.

So bit of a rigmarole going on re this. I bought my missus one from Fasttech and it's come with the coils that don't work in my device so they've obviously changed the coils from the one I won to the retail release. I have e-mailed vaporesso to ask if the coils with the notch in them that I received are availabe to buy anywhere and the customer service reps I keep getting keep asking me to send photos and videos of the device not working. The latest has asked me for my invoice or receipt, which I obviously don't have.

I have told them several times I didn't buy the device and only really want to know if there's anywhere I can buy the coils that'll work but keep getting requests from them as if I'm looking for a replacement, which I'm not. Perhaps it's the language barrier.

I have found that I can replace the bottom of the new coils with the bottom of the ones I got in my kit and that works so all is not lost. It's just that when the bottom gets worn out or dodgy that means I can't use this anymore, which is a shame as I am enjoying it for the motor. Might be time to give up and look for a decent pod system or something similar.

Back
Top Bottom