What's new

Very little is known about the health effects of e-cigarettes

That's some of the worst reporting I've seen.

article said:
No studies have been done to examine the safety of e-cigarettes. As a result, there is no evidence that doctors can use to assess the impact this product may have on a person's body. Also, no convincing evidence shows that e-cigarettes are useful in helping people to eventually stop smoking.

Wrong a number of studies have been done to examine the safety of e-cigarettes - a simple google search shows up several. Several studies and a huge amount of anecdotal evidence show that e-cigs are effective in causing people to stop smoking cigarettes, on top of that the fall in tobacco sales and the explosion of e-cig use *more* than reinforces that e-cigs are an effective alternative to smoking tobacco.

And with nicotine inhalers you receive only nicotine. No other ingredients are included.

This is sooooo wrong it boggles the mind. If only nicotine was included in the ingredients then you'd drop dead. 1 drop of pure nicotine lands on your skin and you're dead, no ifs no buts, no maybes, dead. It's THAT toxic. So what other ingredients do nicotine inhalers tend to use? Why PG as it happens ..... Did this reporter do ANY research whatsoever?

Absolute, complete and total bullshit. As it's in a paper and apparently written by someone with an MD then people will believe it... sigh.

I had to comment on that site. Here's part of my response

Quote "with nicotine inhalers you receive only nicotine. No other ingredients are included."

More BS ^^ - ingredients of a nicotine inhaler (apart from nicotine).
Propylene Glycol
Anyhdrous Ethanol
Trometamol
Polaxmer 407
Glycerol
Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate.
Levomenthol
Mint Flavour
Cooling Flavour
Sucralose
Acesulfame Potassium
Hydrochloric Acid
Water
source - the back of a nicotine inhaler packet, see picture on google picasa - http://tinyurl.com/<wbr>lx2oypv.

I had to comment on that site. Here's part of my response

Quote "with nicotine inhalers you receive only nicotine. No other ingredients are included."

More BS ^^ - ingredients of a nicotine inhaler (apart from nicotine).
Propylene Glycol
Anyhdrous Ethanol
Trometamol
Polaxmer 407
Glycerol
Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate.
Levomenthol
Mint Flavour
Cooling Flavour
Sucralose
Acesulfame Potassium
Hydrochloric Acid
Water
source - the back of a nicotine inhaler packet, see picture on google picasa - http://tinyurl.com/<wbr>lx2oypv.
Ssscrudddy, well done for answering / replying on the site, we know the truth, but if we only discuss it on this forum the truth won't get out there!!

Back
Top Bottom