What's new

Voopoo Argus XT Kit

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Welcome to my latest review, this product was very kindly sent over to me by Kavis at @Sourcemore

The kit we are reviewing today is the @VOOPOO Argus XT kit.

Sourcemore very kindly sent me a discount code which is:

VXTK $45.39 - VOOPOO Argus XT Kit

This review is my own findings and I'm not paid to do this.

The kit comes in 5 different colour variants and is the smaller version of the Voopoo Argus GT.

I recieved the lime green Variant.

Screenshot_20221203-193729_Samsung Internet.jpg

Contents...

• Voopoo Argus XT device

• Voopoo MAAT Tank New (6.5ml)

• User manual

• Type C USB charging cable

• TPP DM1 coil

• TPP DM2 coil

• Spare 6.5ml glass tube

• Spare O-rings

• 18650 battery adaptor

• Battery safety card

20221119_165306.jpg

Specs....

• Size: 147 x 34.5 x 37mm

• Material: Leather and Zinc Alloy

• Screen: TFT colour

• Output: 5-100W

• Maximum output voltage 8.5V

• Charging voltage: 5V/3A

• Resistance range: 0.05 – 3.0ohm

Tank Specs...

• Size: 26 x 52mm

• Material: Stainless steel and Pyrex

• Capacity: 6.5ml (standard) 2ml (TPD)

• Coil resistance: TPP DM1 – 0.15ohm / TPP DM2 – 0.2ohm

Mod....

This mod is a single 18650 or a 21700 battery, it features the same IP68 rating as the GT which means its dust, water and shock proof. It also features the ever so reliable voopoo gene.TT 2.0 chipset. This chipset helps sets limits to the mod by changing the wattage output depending on whether you have a 18650 of 21700 battery inserted.

20221204_174702.jpg

Starting on top of the mod you have a spring loaded 510 tank connection which will help house the Included new and improved MAAT tank. Also on top your see a gold colour ring which is there to hang the mod from a lanyard if needed personally I don't think this is necessary especially with a kit this size but the option is there. A tank of up to 28mm will fit comfortably on the mod.

16701766026976689344930293739731.jpg

The mod itself is made from a zinc alloy with a leather padded backing the mod itself is comfortable to hold and isn't as heavy as it may look although still feeling well built.

20221204_174721.jpg

The front houses a large TFT coloured screen, fire button, up and down button, a lock switch and under a hinged flap a USB type C port.

Voopoo new QS lock switch has 3 functions when centred it means everything will function as normal the device is unlocked, sliding it to the left will lock the whole device and sliding right will lock the wattage but still allow you to fire. Personally I like this added addition it saves you turning the whole device off and means it will stay safe when in your pocket or bag.

20221204_174820.jpg

The screen shows you all the usual requirements for a vape mod, with the wattage being the largest font on the screen, even though the font looks small all the digits are quite easily readable.

20221204_174843.jpg

Below the screen is a little hinged tab which when opened has a USB type C charging port in this tab is there to help enhance the ip68 rating.

20221204_174710.jpg

Working our way into the menu system of the device the main button functions are:

• Fire button X5 times to turn on or off the device
• Hold up and down buttons to enter the menu system
• Using the up and down buttons will switch through the simple menu system
• Pressing the fire button will select the choice you're on

20221204_174853.jpg

In the menu selecting Mode, will bring you up the 4 choices the device offers these are

• Smart
• RBA
• Turbo
• TC

Smart will set the mod to the best wattage for the coil and not allow you to over power the mod therefore burning your coil out.

RBA will allow you to use the whole power of the device with no restrictions.

In settings you can reset your Puff counter, adjust screen brightness and also increased or decrease you screen timeout from 10 seconds to 2 minutes.

You can also view info about the device this includes your chip ID and Level Code which is something voopoo added a view devices ago.

20221204_174926.jpg

I've found the whole menu system, button responsiveness and overall device to be absolutely excellent and have had no issues.

On the bottom of the device is hinged battery door this is opened and closed by a slider I've found this to be quite tough and can sometimes be difficult to close up but eventually is does loosen up and makes it slightly easier.

20221204_174645.jpg

Tank....

The included tank is the MAAT tank which came with the first Argus XT but its slightly upgraded where by Voopoo have added the fact is can use the updated TPP mesh coils and also features a volcanic crater design which prevents leaking by generating the condensation into a bottom chamber so it doesn't enter the mod or leak. It all sounds very complicated and confusing but so far on my testing I've no leaks so it must be working.

The tank will be 2ml tpd or 6.5ml with the bubble glass depending on where you purchase.

Voopoo have kept there innovative airflow control on the new tank. It comes fitted with a 810 delrin drip tip which has a metal bottom for decorative purposes and it has easily become my favourite drip tip for how comfortable it is and how smart it looks I've really enjoyed using it.

20221204_174741.jpg

A quarter turn of the top cap will reveal a the filling ports covered by a silicone cover with 2 filling ports either side although they're small they easily expand when a bottle nip is inserted.

20221204_174805.jpg

On the bottom of the tank is voopoos new improved airflow system which unlike traditional tanks where by you twist the bottom to reveal the cyclops holes this is done by a unique slider system. You have a number of different sized lines and this basically represents fully open, fully closed and anywhere in between. I can't say it does anything differently to a normal airflow adjustment on a tank but the fact its different to normal ones makes it stand out.

Coils....

The included coils in this kit are TPP DM1 & DM2 coils.

I Started with the DM2 coil rated 40-60W best between 50-55W Smart mode auto sets this coil to 50W with the airflow wide open it's an absolutely fantastic vape the flavour is brilliant and the vape is smooth giving plenty of vapour. I slightly closed the airflow and put the wattage up to 55W and this is where it stayed what a fantastic vape this is.

The coil lasted me well over a week before I changed it out for the DM1 coil but the flavour was still there and hadn't burnt out yet.

The DM1 coil is 0.15ohm rated 60-80W best at 65-70W. Smart mode will auto set this coil to 60W the flavour is the same as the first coil absolutely fantastic the airflow is alot more open but still great flavour and plenty of clouds.

I put the wattage up to 65, 67 and 70 and found my preffered wattage to be 67 with the airlfow a quarter closed here was just great flavour with lots of thick vapour. I'm into my 2nd week of this coil and it's still as flavourful as the first vape.

Overall whatever voopoo have done in this new volcanic crater system or there coils its working the longevity of the coils and the flavour there produce is fantastic.

Screenshot_20221203-192639_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pros and Niggles....

Pros...

• Lock switch is a great idea
• No leaking
• Great flavour
• Easy to use
• Premium looking whilst being fully rated for protection
• Clear and large screen

Niggles....

• Battery door can be abit fiddly

Overall thoughts....

Overall this device carries on from the Argus Gt which has become my favourite mod, it's smaller, less power in wattage but is still absolutely brilliant.

The ip68 ratings mean this is a workhorse and can take the beatings of outdoor work life, whilst still feeling and looking very premium.

The coils give outstanding flavour and longevity there are 4 different coil options avaible which cater to all different needs of DTL vaping. With the airflow it gives you wide open or a great restriction. The adjustment for the airflow is unique and not your typical bottom turning ring.

Overall I'm really struggling to find any faults with this kit and the one really being the battery door can be abit fiddly and stiff to put back in with that being said i will continue to use it long after this review.

Thank you once again to Kavis for sending this device for review and also for reading.

Sam
264622-9913e4b6069e9d7d7e72457833aed7a9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom