What's new

What is the definition of a "device"?

whipitup

Achiever
The juice thing has been covered, but RM state that batteries cannot be sent in the normal post unless in a "device".

Could a plastic battery box be described as a "device"?

"A thing made or adapted for a particular task, esp. a mechanism or electronic instrument.
From that, then a box is a device as it's task is to transport batteries safely?

Sounds acceptable to me, and anyway, how the hell would they ever find out?............they don't open mail ....... do they????

They're talking about putting xray machines in the larger branches throughout the UK (or, so I read somewhere), so would show up.
Something I'm worried about though, is for things like airsofting... (If nobody knows what that is, i'll be amazed!) used to do it before I had to give up due to health reasons.. But. Imitation Firearms + xray machines... That could be problematic!

Anyone else think there could be more to this than meets the eye ? potential restrictions on posting both battarys and eliquid, thats 2 out of the 3 parts that make up the basic ecig. could it be the first step of many seemingly unrelated measures to harm the ecig explosion. As someone once said "there is more than one way to skin a cat"

or did I just get too tried ?

Anyone else think there could be more to this than meets the eye ? potential restrictions on posting both battarys and eliquid, thats 2 out of the 3 parts that make up the basic ecig. could it be the first step of many seemingly unrelated measures to harm the ecig explosion. As someone once said "there is more than one way to skin a cat"

or did I just get too tried ?

I was saying exactly the same thing to a mate at work yesterday. Seems to me the timing is pretty much spot on.
TBH I'm starting to feel more persecuted recently than I ever did as a smoker :swearing:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you - Joseph Heller, Catch 22

The device must be rechargeable and included and intended for use with the device (if sending rechargeable battery). hence why kits (device,bat,charger) from other countries will go through customs without any problems.

although there is tight restrictions on what type of batteries that come through (Full List On Customs FAQ) and it looks like RM are following suit.

Back
Top Bottom