What's new

What rebuildable tank/coil setup for a similar experiance to a pod device/disposable?

meredith2k5

Postman
I frequently use the Geekvape Sonder U and Vaporesso Luxe QS combined with nic salts such as the bar 3000 range or ElfIQ as I find them far superior to disposables and rather unique in terms of flavour.
Whilst they much beat disposables I would also like to cut down on coil/pod costs as most pod MTL devices require you to chuck the entire pod away which is wasteful and expensive. I'm wondering if you can achieve a similar experience with an RTA.
I own a few RTAs already although most of them are more suited towards sub ohm DTL style vaping but some of the more suited ones I own are the Kayfun Lite and the Suicide Mods Ether RTA - would either of these be suitable and what coil material/setup would give me the best experiance with 20mg bar series nic salts?
Thanks

The Kayfun Lite is a quality MTL tank so you'd expect to get a good result from that. The question now is what kind of coil. As with everything vaping it's mostly about just trying a range of stuff. I don't know what Ohm and metal/coil type the Elf Bars are using/most similar to, but someone else on here may well do.

20mg is pretty strong - you may find that if you get an RTA really working you'll get a much higher vapour density and will need to/want to reduce the strength.

Having said that I haven't used any of these pod systems so don't know what their vapour production is like.

I don't know how to recreate the experience of a certain stock coil but I tend to get good results from a simple Nichrome (Ni80) coil in my MTL RTAs. I use a reel of 27g thickness, wrap around a 2.5mm bit. 6 or 7 wraps usually does it for me. Works well for my range of 12 to 14 watts.

I don't know how to recreate the experience of a certain stock coil but I tend to get good results from a simple Nichrome (Ni80) coil in my MTL RTAs. I use a reel of 27g thickness, wrap around a 2.5mm bit. 6 or 7 wraps usually does it for me. Works well for my range of 12 to 14 watts.
Seconded.

KF lite is a lovely tank, Id also recommend the neeko. Loads of different airflow options. I use mine with a 20mg salt nic juice

Having used the Sonder (but not the QS), I’m not really sure you can exactly reproduce it with a rta.

It’s basically the draw and the flavor you’re trying to reproduce. The airflow can be adjusted on both the Kf lite and the Ether to simulate the middle to loose mtl draw from a pod vape. The 3rd gen pods (both mentioned) usually use a tiny mesh coil (0.8-1.2ohms) with a very short chimney that’s about 1-2 cm. Not much vaper but really good flavor.

This is possible to obtain with your rtas, but it’s going to be tough to get it spot on, since mesh often provides a bit of a different flavor profile than wire coils. If you insist on using 20 mg, I recommend that you keep your ohms high, at least 1.2-1.4ohms, with a simple round wire build, and don’t thin out your wicks too much. The Kf will probably be your best bet, but I’ve gotten some pretty decent flavor from the Ether as well. When you do get it right, you’ll never go back, so Good Luck! :D

Maybe the first rebuildable to mimic a disposable or pod device would be the PNP RBA from Wotofo if you can still get them. Just giving a basic option.

Back
Top Bottom