What's new

When is a warranty not a warranty?

Thanks, yeah I do feel a bit fobbed off. I don't feel like me trying to make the best of things should work against me when it's still within warranty.

I'd always assumed your warranty was with the company you bought the item from. I've never heard of a vendor having their own period before. I'd just assumed that I'd get in touch and say "yeah, you know that intermitent fault I mentioned? It's dangerous now" and they'd say "ok cool we'll send another"

Looks like I'm buying another charger, from another vendor.

By continuing to use a faulty product, you may have fked it good and proper.... making it your fault...the offer was there before it went tits up.

I understand, but you knew it wasn't quite right, couldn't send it back, you have my sympathy there.... if you could have that would have most likely been it sorted.
Passage of time further passes another possible fault develops.
It's not been right from the beginning and based on that they should take it back.... but I suspect they you may have given them an out by continuing to use it and not being able to return it.

Not really sure what else EV are expected to do. Standard procedure if something is faulty is for it to be sent back for replacement. That seems to have not been possible in this case so they then said they'd accept video evidence of the device acting faulty which wasn't provided either. Several months have now passed. Given the circumstances I would personally direct my irritation at Nitecore for not responding and not at EV for now pointing in the Nitecore direction.

Not really sure what else EV are expected to do. Standard procedure if something is faulty is for it to be sent back for replacement. That seems to have not been possible in this case so they then said they'd accept video evidence of the device acting faulty which wasn't provided either. Several months have now passed. Given the circumstances I would personally direct my irritation at Nitecore for not responding and not at EV for now pointing in the Nitecore direction.

in the circumstances they could have offered to arrange a royal mail pickup for the return. it’s not much dearer than a postage label and i think companies should make adjustments for the needs of their customers.

but that aside, it’s still less than a year old so they should repair or replace it.

in the circumstances they could have offered to arrange a royal mail pickup for the return. it’s not much dearer than a postage label and i think companies should make adjustments for the needs of their customers.

but that aside, it’s still less than a year old so they should repair or replace it.
If home collection was an option then the OP also had that option at the start. And they did offer to replace it when first contacted if it was returned or video evidence was provided showing it being faulty, but nothing was provided.

Last edited:
If home collection was an option then the OP also had that option at the start. And they did offer to replace it when first contacted if it was returned or video evidence was provided showing it being faulty, but nothing was provided.

it’s always an option, the question in this case is whether it was offered. and also it’s worth keeping in mind that not everyone has a smartphone, or the ability to use it to film a particular fault so video evidence might not have been an option.

not trying to be a contrarian, just putting an alternative view out there. EV are obviously a company that do a lot of business and i’d imagine do quite well for themselves. in their position, being customer-centred would be a priority for me.

it’s always an option, the question in this case is whether it was offered. and also it’s worth keeping in mind that not everyone has a smartphone, or the ability to use it to film a particular fault so video evidence might not have been an option.

not trying to be a contrarian, just putting an alternative view out there. EV are obviously a company that do a lot of business and i’d imagine do quite well for themselves. in their position, being customer-centred would be a priority for me.
OP already said video was attempted but the product worked when they attempted to film it. And EV didn't need to offer that service, if sending it back via a PO wasn't an option due to a disability, but home collection was, then the OP could have just done that at the start. Vendors don't just pay for a product to be returned with no evidence provided, but they may reimburse if a product is actually found to be faulty.

OP already said video was attempted but the product worked when they attempted to film it. And EV didn't need to offer that service, if sending it back via a PO wasn't an option due to a disability, but home collection was, then the OP could have just done that at the start. Vendors don't just pay for a product to be returned with no evidence provided, but they may reimburse if a product is actually found to be faulty.

like i said, it’s always an option, because it is possible. i’ve had chinese companies ask me to send video evidence of faults that it would be impossible to film. the law says they should pay for a return with no evidence provided but many sellers don’t meet their responsibilities, which is not very good.

Back
Top Bottom