What's new

Where do they find these people? Daily Star - never exhale through the nose.

grogatini

Postman
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/508657/e-cigarette-user-e-cig-vaping-exhale-nose-never

"Picking bits of flesh out his nose" - indeed.

Also just love the inserts in the article forming a grisly, visual collage of some sort of vaping Armageddon.

What utter crap.

Next it'll be that vaping just makes your nose fall off entirely, I mean by the sounds of things smoking is relatively good for your, right?

*sigh* why do I click on this bullshit in my 'stories to read' feed - my cookies say I'm interesting in vaping so Google in all its wisdom thinks this sort of thing is ideal material for vapers, of course!

upload_2016-4-17_20-56-16.png

Hang on... For once, have The LAD Bible, written there own article?

For a paper to then rip them off

Interesting read but why go to the tabloids? I have been vaping for 9 months and have had a couple of uncontrolled nose bleeds recently. I gotta admit I do blow the vapour out of my nose as well as my mouth. Are they linked; who knows? It would be foolish to ignore any potential risks so I will endeavour to blow the vapour out of my mouth but a 30+ year former habit is hard to change but vaping has been the best quit method for me so far (and I've tried every method). Do I feel better for vaping,; not really but given time I'm sure smoking and it's inherent risks would have caught up with me.

I occasionally get mild soreness in my nose. However, there is something else that can cause these symptoms: stopping smoking.

When you stop smoking, the environment in your mouth, lungs and nose changes dramatically. For example, I had dozens of ulcers in my mouth for weeks after I quit. It is a very common side effect of quitting:
http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20030224/ex-smokers-develop-mouth-ulcers-colds

They all went away after a while though. You can also get ulcers like this in your nose...

It is very, very, difficult to pick apart vaping side effects from ex-smoking side effects. 90%+ of vapers are ex smokers. We won't know for some time whether or not vaping is causing nose-bleeds, or anything else for that matter.

If it makes you feel better then by all means vape out of your mouth. However, I highly doubt that there is anything in this article. It's basically an anecdote.

I got distracted by some pictures with boobs. So what was it saying?
Not that I can care less about their articles...

I
I occasionally get mild soreness in my nose. However, there is something else that can cause these symptoms: stopping smoking.

When you stop smoking, the environment in your mouth, lungs and nose changes dramatically. For example, I had dozens of ulcers in my mouth for weeks after I quit. It is a very common side effect of quitting:
http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20030224/ex-smokers-develop-mouth-ulcers-colds

They all went away after a while though. You can also get ulcers like this in your nose...

It is very, very, difficult to pick apart vaping side effects from ex-smoking side effects. 90%+ of vapers are ex smokers. We won't know for some time whether or not vaping is causing nose-bleeds, or anything else for that matter.

If it makes you feel better then by all means vape out of your mouth. However, I highly doubt that there is anything in this article. It's basically an anecdote.

I agree that quitting my old habit (and one that I thoroughly enjoyed hence I'm still a smoker who hasn't had one for a while) will cause all sorts of changes. I don't believe that vaping isn't without risk but I'm willing to take those risks if I don't have to suffer what too many people I have known and loved had to go through.

What I can't abide is people who preach to me what I should do when I'm trying to make a positive change in my life. If I can quit my 20 plus a day habit then I'm gonna take all the help I can get and the self righteous do Gooders (and the EU) can Foxtrot Oscar.

Edit. Just read the article on your link and IMHO people relapsed not due to colds,ulcers etc but due to the fact that nicotine patches are utter bollocks in trying to kick the habit. Nicotine withdrawal for me is a small percentage of quitting and e- cigarettes satisfy the other factors involved, hand/mouth coordination, breathing out "smoke" and the flavour.

Last edited:
If I ever see that guy I'll show him how my mod can make a nose bleed :mad:

PG can irritate the nose and possibly contribute to nose bleeds but I don't believe he was picking flesh from it. My nose has been a little more runny than normal since I've started vaping but it still doesn't stop me from exhaling through the nose lol

Yeah smoking is now starting to look more healthy for you if you want to believe all these daft stories lol

Back
Top Bottom